Lumia or Android??

Jessy1098

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Sony ericsson which is a java mobile.. So i am new to these smartphones. I want to buy it but my friends are suggesting me to look for android. I am very much confused. :crying:
My friends told me that windows phone store doesnt have top high end games for free..
I know, posting such question in this forum will irritate so many.. but i dont know where to clarify it. pls reply.

Thanks in advance.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
If you're going for performance and security Windows Phone can't be beat and all the latest apps and games are available or will soon be available. What apps in particular are you looking for?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Windows phone has a lot of apps that competitors have. If you can tell us which apps you are interested in, let us know, and we will tell you if it is on windows phone or not. :)

noknok79

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
been using LagDroid tablets for 2weeks now w/ quad core inside, but still doesn't impress me at all, though huge collection of apps N games which lately will be the same listing as Windows Phones apps.

estabien

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay so.
I have both a Galaxy Note II and a Lumia 520. While the Note II is an absolutely wonderful phone, I prefer the Lumia 520 because,
- Updating is easier (I don't have to load a custom ROM and risk problems to get on WP8's newest iteration)
- WP8 is much less fragmented than Android (which is a plus for me)
- YOU CAN DELETE CARRIER BLOAT (unlike stock Android)
- WP8 is very pretty (imo) and very optimized for slower phones such as the Lumia 520

Do I love my Note II? Absolutely! However, when I upgrade to a newer phone (because I'm on an AT&T contract with the Lumia 520) in March, I will be getting a newer and faster Nokia Lumia.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Bro high end games are not free in any platform. They say its free because they
1-pirating apps
2-they are ignorant
3-they said it while smoking

Bro you can visit "windows phone store" on pc and see all apps and games.

Some apps comes with Xbox live achievement they give you *g.
Some apps sometimes become free.

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
So, if you have a big budget, get a high end android phone you'll enjoy games on android more than wp which has far less games, . If you can afford iPhone, go for it. All latest games get there first, one game called clumsy ninja is there only on ios as of now. Ull regret wp if ur apps are only games.

Moin Syed

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Simple and stable phone with basic features - go for Lumia phone

More Apps and more customization and no restriction - Go for Android.

If you need a phone for whatsapp, never go for a WP8 phone

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Simple and stable phone with basic features - go for Lumia phone

More Apps and more customization and no restriction - Go for Android.

If you need a phone for whatsapp, never go for a WP8 phone
WhatsApp now has all features including audio and video sharing,so i think now it is at par with android and iOS....

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
I think you should try and see both. Dose any of your frnd has Lumia? Beg borry or steal it for a day to try

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

SANDEEP NAIR1

May 22, 2013
Visit site
some ppl who come from android and who r users of endless customization options in android find it difficult to stick with WP. Others love this platform. since u r a new smartphone user. u ll love the simplicity with which wp os is designed. and the os is fluid even on low end devices. as for apps.. since u r a new smartphone user (and have been happily using a java phone for so long).. u ll not miss any app that u used in ur old phone. if a platform says it has 1 million apps u should realize that most of the apps in the store do the same thing as another app.. and one may say as much as 10% of the apps in the store remain with zero downloads.. i can assure you that apps (cross platform) u need to stay in touch with ur android friends are available in WP store. as for games.. the games available in wp store are of good quality. i only have free games on my phone.. some of my android friends use my phone to play 3d games like zombie hq and drag racing..

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
If you don't want to spent a lot of moneys go for wp8 because its very stable os but if you have a lot of money go for a high end android device to have freedom and a lot of feature /apps

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Android SHining just few days Lumia like evergreen decision in your hand what to do which to buy... i bet you if you buy Android you ill return on WP8...

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I currently own more smartphones than a person should be allowed to own. Among them: Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket (Android), iPhone 4 (iOS), Lumia 520 (WP8).

I've owned numerous Android phones starting with the original G1. I love the customization options for Android. I didn't love the poor battery life or the degrading performance. In order to eek out tolerable battery life and performance, I had to spend a lot of time tweaking and experimenting. Although there was improvement, the results still weren't great.

I switched to an iPhone 4. Battery life and performance was and still is amazing (running iOS 5). But it seemed like using the iPhone as a phone is an afterthought. No indicator lights... if I received a call or txt msg when the phone was not with me, there is no visible way to know it without turning on the screen. Lack of customization was another issue.

I then saw the Lumia 520 for $67 (no contract). I was a big fan of the Zune and know that much of the Zune HD's UI design found its way into WP8. So I wanted to give it a try. I've been using it as my primary phone for 2+ weeks. I'm getting battery life that is nearly as good as my iPhone (2-3 days between charges), performance that is fluid and crisp, and the ability to configure the screen with live tiles that provide me with the information that I feel I need to have on the phone's main screen.

This is using a StraightTalk microSIM, YMMV.

Pinchscape

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I own several android phones - my favourite being my nexus 4. I have an iphone 5, and i also have several windows phones - my favourite being my Nokia 925. I use all my different phones a lot as i like them all for different reasons. My overall favourite of all my phones is my Nokia 925 windows phone. Everything is truly fabulous, except i dearly miss the notification centre that i use extensively on the android nexus 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes