Audible app

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I use the audible app and for past few weeks have been having a few issues with it. The main issue is everytime I pause in an audio book, the book is not remembering where it stopped.

I have done the usual uninstall reinstall. I have spoken to audible support and been talked through different fixes. Not one of them has fixed it.

I have checked the reviews for the app and there is a couple that are complaining about books losing there place. The problem for me is everytime I speak to someone at audible they don't know anything about this problem. So unless there is more people reporting this issue the chance of them fixing it is slim.

So I'm asking here does anyone use this app? If so are you having any issues with it? If you are have you reported it?

I'm using it on my lumia 925.

Thanks in advance

WRider

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I use audible daily and have not seen this issue. I pause all the time and it continues from that point when I start listening again.

Is the book starting over or just not the exact spot you stopped it?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have it happen occasionally and I use the app daily. It used to happen much more frequently, but only once in the last two months or so now.

I always bookmark it now when I pause, in case it resets. If it rests, I can grab the bookmark and resume. If my bookmarks are gone (which happens) I just restart the app and they reappear.

Annoying when it happens, but I can't find any consistency with the error to even know how to avoid it.

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
First thankyou both for replying.

I thought it was the book when it first started. This is at least the third book. I have changed quality of book, refreshed book and removed and re downloaded. It is getting worse.

The last time I used the app it not only forgot my place the timer on the book was at a different time to where I was reading. i.e. I was 10 hours into book and the timer claimed I was at 55minutes. That meant everytime I book marked it the app bookmarked at chapter 3 rather than chapter 20 something.

I know this is not a problem of great importance in the big scheme of things but it is a problem to me.

I'm self employed, I clean houses and listening to books while I work keeps me sane. So when I pause the book I need it to remember my place because when it forgets I am spending time finding it. This means that all those 5 minutes add up to me running behind.

Anyway I've finished this book on my old ipod. I have uninstalled app again soft reset phone, reinstalled app and downloaded a different book. I will see how I get on next week, but ipod has to be carried as well, it's battery is unreliable.
Thanks for reading.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon