Missing apps used to not bug me...

The Simontist

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
...but in the USA, WP8 is a tiny, tiny niche system that developers cannot afford to support, and I am really noticing it. Outside the USA it's much better (but that doesn't help me).

My Lumia 620 is my first smartphone, and I like using it. I've had it for about a year. At first I thought all I needed was a web browser, maps, public transport and social media. But as I use it more and more, I realise how much I am missing.

I can't use my phone to find local zipcars and car2go cars, I can't buy tickets for public transport, I can't see any real-time public transport schedules, I can't use Swype, I can't participate in decent group SMS conversations, I can't use any city-specific apps (e.g. Supportland, or other city guides for Portland), and I am missing a whole lot of payment, banking and share trading apps. Even the really popular apps WP8 gets about 2 years too late.

I don't see WP being big in the USA; not in the next few years at least. When I can afford a new phone, I'll be switching to Android - sure it's ugly and complicated, but at least it functions.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
WP app support is no where near as bad as you are making. Also, most big name apps come close to, if not, immediately now-a-days. There certainly are niche apps (the ones you mentioned) that take much longer. Anyone who has been around WP for awhile knows if has gotten A LOT better over the last year and only continues to improve.

That said, if there are very specific apps you need, I do encourage you to go to the OS that has those. There is no OS that is for everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2