CloudSix is not what I expected from a WP UI

derDaniel

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

don't get me wrong on this one. I think he's a hero for our awesome platform and he was one of the reasons I started coding.
But I am feeling kinda confused about the UI he uses in his new app. The typography and the way he uses the swipe left, swipe right gestures is bad placed.

Does anyone feel the same?

Cheers

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes i had the same observation it is not really like WP apps are intended and looks like the newer Android app guidelines, like swipe in from left.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Agree, he's a great Developer.

Also agree that sometimes, as pretty as they can look, his Apps can be a little bit strange (and sometimes confusing) in terms of UI design and usability.

But oh well, other than that, can't fault the guy since he does it all on his own.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think you should contact Rudy on twitter and send him the link to this thread too. Rudy is a very down to earth guy and likes user feedback. I am not sure if he wants to drastically change the whole UI because users have praised him overwhelmingly for the UI design in his apps. So unless, Rudy feels this is how users feel, you won't get much out of this thread.

I would love apps to really look sexy but follow WP UI but then what is WP UI? Even Microsoft is confused at times. Look at Skype, Facebook, Facebook messenger, Twitter, Gleek, Cocktail flow - all these apps are different in their own ways.

rudyhuyn

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys!

An UI is a very complicated thing, whatever you do, some will likes and other don't. Fuse has 3 themes, 6tag 2 x 2 themes, etc... I try to do my possible to enjoy everybody.

Feedbacks (mails) about cloudsix UI is:80% really love it and 20% don't. So if I change it, 80% will hate me, this is why I've added some customization in the new update, you will be able to remove the "abstract" background and use a simple monochrome blue background.

BiKCKPFIcAAagSi.jpg

Same thing for live tiles, an alternative design has been added if you like transparent tiles!

I expect you will like it

YIMdev

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Amen to that Rudy. It's impossible to please everyone with a UI. The only thing that can be done is satisfy as many users as possible, which you clearly do a great job of!

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys!

An UI is a very complicated thing, whatever you do, some will likes and other don't. Fuse has 3 themes, 6tag 2 x 2 themes, etc... I try to do my possible to enjoy everybody.

Feedbacks (mails) about cloudsix UI is:80% really love it and 20% don't. So if I change it, 80% will hate me, this is why I've added some customization in the new update, you will be able to remove the "abstract" background and use a simple monochrome blue background.

View attachment 58969

Same thing for live tiles, an alternative design has been added if you like transparent tiles!

I expect you will like it

hi rudy, how about an option for a whole new theme, metro style ? I mean like the wp native apps ? It would certainly get you those remaining 20% people on board too ! :)
P.s. My bro teases me that cloudsix lags (nothing else ever lags so now he has a point) when i swipe left or right... The transitions seem a little lagging on my 520, could you optimize them a bit ?

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
hi rudy, how about an option for a whole new theme, metro style ? I mean like the wp native apps ? It would certainly get you those remaining 20% people on board too ! :)
P.s. My bro teases me that cloudsix lags (nothing else ever lags so now he has a point) when i swipe left or right... The transitions seem a little lagging on my 520, could you optimize them a bit ?

it's not just your 520, it's my HTC 8X as well! Really love your app Rudy! Keep up the amazing work :D

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
it's not just your 520, it's my HTC 8X as well! Really love your app Rudy! Keep up the amazing work :D

really ? 8x was supposed to be a fast phone ! Well it seems it has something to do with the app only, Rudy could you check it ?
P.s. The camera roll sync feauture is great, I'm using it now, and not onedrive, because onedrive fills the others storage :) waiting for the cloudsix for onedrive, then i can sync all my pics on onedrive and not worry about others storage filling up :)

jaffakatie

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone help please. I can't find instructions anywhere on web.
I can't get cloud6 for dropbox to sync (I assume that means automatically send my photos to dropbox) or choose multiple photos to upload.
I open the app on phone and my dropbox directories show (I have got that far).
The menu options there are refresh, create folder, create text file, upload picture, pin to start.

I can upload picture but only one at a time - can't choose a batch.

Nowhere can I find the screen shown in promos with sync pictures, settings, manage users, about.
Where do I find that?

Also if I go to my camera roll and choose select all and the menu - it only has select all, save to skydrive, save to SD card, save to Phone.
I thought save to dropbox might have now appeared there.

any tips please?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa