Who uses HERE Transit?

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Just opening up a thread and lets see how people use HERE Transit, I'll start!

I use HERE Transit for my daily commute to college and back, around 10 miles, by bus.
I heavily rely on this app as I struggle to read timetables, so I use this app, and I have to say, it is very very accurate, and because of this, I have never missed a bus!

How do you guys use it, and if you don't use it, you should download it and try it! :)

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I use Here Transit for a quick overview of my daily commute, I've recently been discovering the nearby feature as I work near a transit centre, and I rely on it heavily when I travel interstate. I think it's a great app.

I would like to use Cortana for my daily commute instead, just for the contextual notification, but the transit data in my area doesn't include route number which is very important.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Just checked and noticed that it tries to get me to catch a bus from a stop that the bus has not used for several years. I suppose I should be grateful it is not suggesting I catch the stagecoach instead.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I also use HERE transit. It is a very nice and useful app. I use it normally when I'm going to a new place that I don't know the location. I don't use it on a daily basis to travel to office.

ashnicolew

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I tried Here transit because Google maps won't work right on this windows phone. I used google maps for years to get EVERYWHERE every day. I could quickly enter a location catch a bus and be sure I would be OK.

With Here Transit, I have been stranded, in the middle of the night....

After 8 PM it just stops showing buses. It will say there are no buses until 7AM or so...but a quick search with google at home...you will find several buses until very late at night, several routes to my house. I went across the city until 9PM and couldn't get home because the transit said no routes. I had to wait two hours alone in the dark for a friend. That's dangerous. I know the buses exist, HT just doesn't show them, and I don't want to go back to paper bus routes when my old phone (non windows) could easily pull up every route.

It doesn't list several of the TARC buses, just a couple of them. In one instance I searched for a bus after 6PM and it showed none, so I seached 5PM and it showed three routes...two of which were after six??? Another time I searched and it told me a bus was going to be at a stop at 5:13. so I follow the crazy directions get to the stop ten minutes early, and it switched to a bus coming in seven hours, on a different street?? I could NEVER locate the original route. I had to call a friend and have him search on google for me.

I love my phone, but this one flaw could make me switch from windows. I use transit too much to be stranded.

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use direct information from Here Maps itself, just select the end point, and then select public transport from icons

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I like the functionality and looks of HERE Transit but in the end I find its UI very confusing. All I want to know is what time my next subway train or bus leaves but HERE Transit lays it all out in a graphical table and includes useless (for me) information of how long it takes to walk to the station and when I should leave from my location. If I actually want to know what time the train/bus leaves I have to click an option.

When I say "what time" I mean the format, for instance "10:15" as opposed to "your bus leaves in 12 minutes".

There are a couple much simpler and better alternatives in my region. These apps just list your departure options in normal list format with the time of departure. When your in a hury and quickly need to find a bus or train I find this lay out to be much better.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It works well for me for the bus route from where I live to downtown Cleveland and back.

That's the only time I use public transit. Otherwise, I drive.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Has saved my life on occasions (how to get to job interviews in new cities etc) and the feature of going through what stop you're at and exactly when to get off is invaluable. I'm sure there are alternatives but I couldn't live without it.

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I love it! esp for overseas trip (for those countries that support HERE Transit)
give me the exact train stations details, where to alight / transit / change

total life saver !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes