App for accessing FTP/WebDav/Remote Folders ??

Tw4T

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a WD Live Box with 2 2GB Hard Drives attached. In Windows Desktop these show under Network Folders and it's also possible to access the firmware page of the box via it's 192.* IP. Now I can access this through WP8 Internet Explorer but it only allows maintenance of the device. I have a bunch of videos on my Phone that I would like to copy to one of the HDDs and vice versa but for the life of me am unable to find an app that allows this ( I had high hopes that the MS Files app would do this but hey hoe ) Can anyone recommend an app that will do all that I ask of it or is it simply not possible with Windows Phone 8.* ? TIA

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a WD Live Box with 2 2GB Hard Drives attached. In Windows Desktop these show under Network Folders and it's also possible to access the firmware page of the box via it's 192.* IP. Now I can access this through WP8 Internet Explorer but it only allows maintenance of the device. I have a bunch of videos on my Phone that I would like to copy to one of the HDDs and vice versa but for the life of me am unable to find an app that allows this ( I had high hopes that the MS Files app would do this but hey hoe ) Can anyone recommend an app that will do all that I ask of it or is it simply not possible with Windows Phone 8.* ? TIA

If you just want to hook up your phone as a shared drive accessible over the network I recommend (remove the extra brackets ) http:))//www(.)windowsphone(.)com()/en-us/store/app /ftp-server/38431c21-1ad8-4825-9a2f-55a4d6a89b87 with which you can manage your files on the phone with your pc over wifi (like a networked device)

Otherwise according to your question (To manage files over network without using a PC) such an app does not exist as of now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon