Why can't I install an app or upgrade in new sd card?

Ryan Gagalac

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
cant install app or upgrade in new sd card

my sd card just broke in half so i use a new sd card on my phone. problem is i cant install my previous app, i cant also upgrade my app bec. it needed my previous sd card, but its broken. help me with this. thanks

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: cant install app or upgrade in new sd card

Swipe to right to app list, go to the app, long press and select uninstall >> problem solved

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

You can also go to Store press the three dots in the bottom of the screen and go to my apps. Your downloaded apps history is in there so you can find the app you want and just install it to your new SD. But yes do uninstall the app or apps first and start over.

Ryan Gagalac

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

did that, but when i check "my apps" it only shows the apps that i previuosly deleted. the app that i was looking for is not there

Ryan Gagalac

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

yes, but it only shows view not install. my sd card is empty then why its shows view? and its not stalled on my phone memory

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

yes, but it only shows view not install. my sd card is empty then why its shows view? and its not stalled on my phone memory

Its,a bug on your phone. A couple of things you can do is uninstall it from your phone completely by going into the list of apps long press the one you want to uninstall and hit uninstall.
Look for it again in the store and see can you install it again on your empty SD card.
If this fails you can always do a hard reset by going Settings.. About.. Reset phone.

Ryan Gagalac

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

Its,a bug on your phone. A couple of things you can do is uninstall it from your phone completely by going into the list of apps long press the one you want to uninstall and hit uninstall.
Look for it again in the store and see can you install it again on your empty SD card.
If this fails you can always do a hard reset by going Settings.. About.. Reset phone.

--- if i do hard reset does my phone go back to its previous version? Do i need to download windows 8.1 version again??

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

If you have 8.1 on your phone already it will just reset back to 8.1 its like 8.1 gets a fresh install.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it maybe an App that is no longer published? What is the name of the App?

Hard Reset uses the last OS and Firmware stored in your phone's recovery memory. To get a clean copy use Windows Phone Recovery Tool or Lumia Software Recovery Tool.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Is it maybe an App that is no longer published? What is the name of the App?

Hard Reset uses the last OS and Firmware stored in your phone's recovery memory. To get a clean copy use Windows Phone Recovery Tool or Lumia Software Recovery Tool.

I don't think the OP wants to lose his 8.1 but yes try to remove the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon