Email regarding Facebook Connect

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
i think when they say wi​ndows 7 & 8 it means with all its variations. 7.5, 7.8, 8.0, 8.1. and so on.

That might be the case with 7, I don't know how that one works for versions, but for 8 they are classed as 2 different os's

If it says Win 8 it means Win 8.0 for desktop
If it says Win 8.1 it means 8.1 for desktop

and the same for phone, either WP 8 (8.0) or WP8.1 (8.1)
so for the phone if you are on WP8.0, any items mentioning WP8 affect you
if you are on WP8.1 any items that mention WP8.1 affect you

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I fervently hope and pray that Windows 10 will address the Facebook issue. The forced, mandatory Facebook integration needs to be banished once and for all.

If you want it and volunteer to hook Facebook into every aspect of your phone, great. But for those of us who delete facebook first thing after every set up; why do we have to see the Facebook logo winking at us from our People Live Tile? I have never been able to use the People hub effectively because I have to keep it smallest size. Yes - have to. I refuse to have a Facebook logo on my start screen.

Bunch of lousy data pirates and unrepentant social manipulators. I would love for Windows 10 to give up this nonsense that Facebook is a core feature of the OS. Without Facebook my phone functions just fine. Remove it entirely and many will not miss it one jot...

I don't remember anyone holding a gun to my head and having me allow the integration. In fact, back in the wp7 days I remember going to the live.com web site and intentionally linking my account to facebook and twitter. Then with wp8.1, I remember the fb app asking if I wanted to integrate. NO was definitely an option, so, nothing mandatory so far. Not sure what you mean.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...for those of us who delete facebook first thing after every set up; why do we have to see the Facebook logo winking at us from our People Live Tile?

Facebook comes installed on the phone and reappears every reset. Deleting it only removes the App. Windows Phone tries to constantly push it at users. Show me how to remove the Facebook logo from the People Live Tile. You can't. No one can...

What do you think this thread is about? People bemoaning the fact that the deep integration of Facebook into Windows Phone might be in jeopardy of going away and not returning. I wish it would. I don't want even a chance that FB is looking at my data.

I understand it is something people volunteer to use. I understand I will see it constantly around the world wide web. However, this is my personal phone. I should have to actively seek out and add a Facebook App. Despite what people say it is not a core function of a smart phone to connect to Facebook. The core function of a smartphone is to serve my needs, not Facebook's or anyone else's needs. Especially if that other entity is not the OEM. When I delete the App that I never asked for all vestiges of it should be removed, but they are not. It's still winking at me from the People Live tile. Why? Please explain any reason why should that persist? Why should it insist on ruining the People Hub experience for any non-Facebook user on Windows Phone?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Facebook comes installed on the phone and reappears every reset. Deleting it only removes the App. Windows Phone tries to constantly push it at users. Show me how to remove the Facebook logo from the People Live Tile. You can't. No one can...

What do you think this thread is about? People bemoaning the fact that the deep integration of Facebook into Windows Phone might be in jeopardy of going away and not returning. I wish it would. I don't want even a chance that FB is looking at my data.

I understand it is something people volunteer to use. I understand I will see it constantly around the world wide web. However, this is my personal phone. I should have to actively seek out and add a Facebook App. Despite what people say it is not a core function of a smart phone to connect to Facebook. The core function of a smartphone is to serve my needs, not Facebook's or anyone else's needs. Especially if that other entity is not the OEM. When I delete the App that I never asked for all vestiges of it should be removed, but they are not. It's still winking at me from the People Live tile. Why? Please explain any reason why should that persist? Why should it insist on ruining the People Hub experience for any non-Facebook user on Windows Phone?
I removed the People tile from my home screen for that very reason.

I rarely used the People hub and saw little use for it, since I don't use Facebook.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes