Lumia 535 or 640 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paenthy

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello :)

I'm about to buy a new phone in a few days, 535 or 640, but i'm a bit indecisive because of the front camera. Although 640 has a better rear camera, that 0.9/1MP camera kills the deal. But the 5MP on the 535 and the 8MP in the 640 ....Indecisive you see? Overall perfomance is any difference or the camera's are the real deal breaker ? Any thoughts on who has this devices or tried them?

UptownWebhead

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Really all comes down to what's best for your needs. If you need a phone to take good selfies then go with the 535 though I'd personally go for a 735 if that's the case. I personally would recommend the 640 as it doesn't have the touch screen issue like the 535 and the performance is much better all around.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Raj Poladia

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello :)

I'm about to buy a new phone in a few days, 535 or 640, but i'm a bit indecisive because of the front camera. Although 640 has a better rear camera, that 0.9/1MP camera kills the deal. But the 5MP on the 535 and the 8MP in the 640 ....Indecisive you see? Overall perfomance is any difference or the camera's are the real deal breaker ? Any thoughts on who has this devices or tried them?

I think numbers give the answer....

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I think numbers give the answer....

Just like when comparing the Lumia 1320 vs 930? Bigger number the better eh?
At least give some proper advice.

OP if you want 5MP front facing camera get the Lumia 535. If you're looking for better performance get the 640. The Lumia 535 also has some touchscreen problems.

Personally I'd get the Lumia 640. If you really care about the front facing camera then Lumia 735 is good or 640 xl.

Ed YANG

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
535 were known for been plagued with touch screen issues. Although there were words floating around that the later batches of 535 produced had the screen issues dealt with, there wasn't more infos around on how to identify what are the batches of 535 got the problem rectified.
Hence... there could be still a certain percentage of touch screen problem stocks in the market. Your best bet will be 640 or 540 with roughly close specs to the 535.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the 640 and can heartily recommend it. If you want to spend a little more for a great selfie phone, spend the money on the 735 or the 640xl. It does come down to what you need and how much your budget is.

adesquare80

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm using 535 and there is no issue with the touch screen... Well I'm using the new Microsoft Lumia 535 and not the Nokia Lumia 535 (if that's the one people have screen touch problem with)

Ed YANG

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm using 535 and there is no issue with the touch screen... Well I'm using the new Microsoft Lumia 535 and not the Nokia Lumia 535 (if that's the one people have screen touch problem with)
There wasn't any NOKIA Lumia535 in the market at all... the 535 is totally a first touch device produced under the Mirosoft badge.
If you are not affected by the touch screen issue, either you had got the problem rectified batch, or you're totally a light user... non gamer, non two-thumb-messenger... that's why you have not experience that issue i mentioned.
Feel free to browse thru Youtube, there are lots of video clips highlighting the screen's multi-touch problem.

adesquare80

May 29, 2015
Visit site
There wasn't any NOKIA Lumia535 in the market at all... the 535 is totally a first touch device produced under the Mirosoft badge.
If you are not affected by the touch screen issue, either you had got the problem rectified batch, or you're totally a light user... non gamer, non two-thumb-messenger... that's why you have not experience that issue i mentioned.
Feel free to browse thru Youtube, there are lots of video clips highlighting the screen's multi-touch problem.

The touch screen problem isn't that pronounced as suggested by the comments people are making.
There is no 100% perfect phone. I'm always using my phone. Though I rarely play games. I spend most time with my phone on the internet. I've only experienced abnormality in the touch screen while playing games (Dream League Soccer precisely) when the phone is hot (due to a long-time use) and which I consider normal. The experience is far worse on Android devices (with same game)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon