Recently after the Microsoft drama 🎭
    The media has trashed windows mobile & its potential.
    But i as a windowsphone loyal user
    Looks to upgrade
    I have to options lumia 830(beautiful build,wireless charging, gud storage,poor front cam,high price,some report of build fault where screen pops)
    &
    Lumia 640xl(cheaper yet all features,good display & screen,poor storage)
    I am concerned whether it ll run all my high end games on class 10 16gb sd card..or it ll have stutter's..

Secondly,many people point out that i m just a fanboy..& my future is no better than. That of blackberry boys back few years.

I want to know if windows 10 runs good on todays devices.
    Should i wait too see how windows mobile shapes up & get new mid range phones.
    Or straight away move to another os
    ven07 likes this.
    07-25-2015 01:23 AM
    Moved to General discussion...
    ven07, xandros9 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-25-2015 02:03 AM
    I would say go for the 640xl. You can always add a SD card in to fix the storage issue. There is a "hack" that you can do to make wireless charging happen though for the xl.
    Last edited by libra89; 07-26-2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason: changed a word
    ven07 likes this.
    07-25-2015 02:07 AM
    Ya...i might go wid it..... But very much worried abt.. The os future..
    The apps are here but nit the developers
    07-25-2015 02:34 AM
    My friend, if you're worried then don't buy it :) It's a phone and should be of use to you, so if you feel a different platform is useful, because of the number of developers supporting it, then you have every right to jump ship :) Again, the phone should be useful and productive to you.

This isn't a gang thing :p
    07-25-2015 03:11 PM
    My friend, if you're worried then don't buy it :) It's a phone and should be of use to you, so if you feel a different platform is useful, because of the number of developers supporting it, then you have every right to jump ship :) Again, the phone should be useful and productive to you.

This isn't a gang thing :p
    I love my windowsphone.... But sometimes.. My friends want to play multiplayer games with me..or snapchat me or want me to use some apps which are of their eco system..but I m in microsoft ecosystem.. They can move to microsft ecosystem being on different platform... But i cant..it doesnt work the other way round
    ven07 likes this.
    07-26-2015 01:45 AM
    I like Windows phone but it's not the best system to run high end, multiplayer games

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk
    07-26-2015 03:19 AM
    Go with the 640XL you get a SD card to fix the storage issue... I have a 64GB Samsung Evo microsd in my 640 and runs like a champ... What high end games are u currently running? And don't worry about the OS future as we are promised windows phone 10 and future updates on the 640... Good luck on your buy...
    karan madhyani1, libra89 and ven07 like this.
    07-26-2015 03:44 AM
    I love my windowsphone.... But sometimes.. My friends want to play multiplayer games with me..or snapchat me or want me to use some apps which are of their eco system..but I m in microsoft ecosystem.. They can move to microsft ecosystem being on different platform... But i cant..it doesnt work the other way round
    I get your woes :) I have converted a few people to WP, but sometimes the annoying app gap issues pop up... Snapchat, clash of clans, updated IG, emo etc etc.. You should consider getting an extra device, android, so you can join those games... the moto line looks good :)
    RumoredNow and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-26-2015 07:46 AM
    830 on AT&T is DOA, get a 640/XL
    07-26-2015 11:51 AM
    If your continued friendship with someone depended on the ability to Snapchat, you need new friends...
    07-26-2015 11:53 AM
    I like Windows phone but it's not the best system to run high end, multiplayer games

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk
    Really, I want to see proof of that considering Xbox is built into WP/W10M. Gamecenter and Play Games are really quite poor in comparison.
    07-26-2015 12:37 PM
    Really, I want to see proof of that considering Xbox is built into WP/W10M. Gamecenter and Play Games are really quite poor in comparison.
    That's true. Xbox is a good component for the multiplayer experience. Can't argue with that
    neo158 likes this.
    07-26-2015 12:42 PM
    That's true. Xbox is a good component for the multiplayer experience. Can't argue with that
    Not only that but Xbox is cross platform, something that doesn't apply to Gamecenter or Play Games.
    07-26-2015 12:47 PM
    Not only that but Xbox is cross platform, something that doesn't apply to Gamecenter or Play Games.
    Again. Good point
    neo158 likes this.
    07-26-2015 12:48 PM
    If your continued friendship with someone depended on the ability to Snapchat, you need new friends...
    This ^^
    neo158 and karan madhyani1 like this.
    07-26-2015 02:03 PM
    If playing those gams are more important to you than what WP brings to you, then switch. There is no perfect phone.
    07-26-2015 03:00 PM
    Not true, I built my own phone, it quad boots iOS, Android, WP and BlackBerry.
    karan madhyani1 likes this.
    07-26-2015 04:17 PM
    Not true, I built my own phone, it quad boots iOS, Android, WP and BlackBerry.
    Sorry if this as an awkward/off-topic question, but are you familiar with project ARA (Modular Smartphone)? The media blackout around its development is going to likely be pulled this August as the base unit is released within standard retail. Otherwise; what is your phone specifically?
    07-26-2015 05:19 PM
    Sorry if this as an awkward/off-topic question, but are you familiar with project ARA (Modular Smartphone)? The media blackout around its development is going to likely be pulled this August as the base unit is released within standard retail. Otherwise; what is your phone specifically?
    I was being a smart ***.. I have lots of WP's, iPhones and Androids. I used to have a BB but not a current one. I am familiar with the project you mentioned, it sounds interesting.
    07-26-2015 07:39 PM
    830 on AT&T is DOA, get a 640/XL
    Yeah I'm kind of feeling that is true. My wife has an 830 and the bluetooth as issues that will supposedly be fixed with the full denim update which ATT is still blocking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    07-26-2015 09:02 PM
    Ok guys ty for ur suggestion ... I hope windowsphone has bright future.
    07-27-2015 11:42 AM
    No one over 13 should be using SnapChat. :) Do wish it was on Windows Phone though.
    07-27-2015 03:43 PM
    Exactly. I'm giving this "Android and iOS apps port" thing on my HTC 8XT when (and if) it upgrades to Win10. If that isn't going to pan out, I may dip back into android.
    07-28-2015 09:43 AM