Why don't my videos play. streaming lags?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Videos won't play.. Streaming Lags

Hi there.

I'm a Google Chrome user (but have tried Edge) and I can't get videos on Facebook or YouTube to play. I know this is a problem, but I can't seem to locate a fix.

I've tried in Chrome, Edge and Firefox. It DOES work if I select "Play in Internet Explorer" but I can't figure out why that works. Elsewhere I hear audio, see a black screen -- or it doesn't play at all and I just see "If playback doesn't begin, restart your device."

Also, I can't stream music and surf the web anymore. The music stutters so much so that its un-listenable. I can't understand what settings need to be changed or what's happening here.

Also.. in Chrome and Edge.. Tabs won't load until the tab is selected. It'll just sit and process (spin) until selected, THEN load the page.

Sorry, I have a ton of issues!

carloskateda

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Videos won't play.. Streaming Lags

Well, if you have problems with browser, try CherryPlayer. YouTube, Twitch and some other video services are already integrated there, so you don't need to do something special. Also you can just open there non-working link via File->Open URL or just drag & drop link there. Player is free, it doesn't slow down system and I don't give you any links to exclude adware claims, just use Google.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2