Just suppose this Concept 950XL showed up. Could you, would you, in a box?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with these concepts, I just think phones like that look a little bland. It looks a lot like an iPhone, a little Sony, a little HTC. One of the things I've liked the most about Nokia's WP phones is the distinctive look. Bright, bold colors and unapologetically plastic, without looking or feeling cheap.

If you want a more professional or understated phone, all of their phones came in black and white, but I think some of the best looking phones Nokia ever built were the cyan 920, the orange 930 and the green 1520 (if only I could have gotten the 1520.3 in that green...).

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Genuine imitation brushed stainless would do wonders.

I wished exactly the same. There should be more colour choices . I don't like fancy colours. I usually go for white/black lumias. but if natural silver colour was available that will be it for ever. It will look more premium and sleek for those who want it.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It's an iPhone. Perhaps that's what the next model iPhone will look like.

Far too breakable and no Nokia design traits. None.

Wouldn't buy because I would break it.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
So long as the specs are there. . . . But I do get how the leaks or renders of leaks look middling. And its not as if in aping the prior Lumia vibe, they're tapping in to the Gulf Stream of Commerce. They don't either scream "high end" or "flagship", at least not until you turn one on! But if you adjust for hype, many of the rivals' flagships are pretty much blah. Its hard, outside the reality distortion field, to keep rearranging the same elements to come up with something truly novel. This is true even for the pretty renders. I happen to rooting around in a cabinet drawer this morning and I picked up my old Blackberry Z10 (January 2013) and it looks pretty much like a lot of today's "cutting edge" renders.

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm not going to tell anyone to love the design when the 950 series is officially revealed, but the renders (like the majority of renders) are not coherent to 1:1 manufacturing dimensions. The implied internal density from a drawing isn't anything to go by, so we should temper our expectations on all fronts. This rendered concept isn't bad but it doesn't scream Lumia to me. I think the real phones will have some of the facial curves of the 640 XL but will have the rectangular profile of the 520, if not a touch sharper/sleeker.

Last edited:

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I love it but I gotta admit it looks exactly like an iPhone 5. That was the first thing I thought when I saw the concepts, not the icon/930. And not that it's a bad thing, at all really.

I really hope MS reads all the feed back from the leaked renders and totally scraps the design and starts over. Keep the specs but change the design. I would wait to February or march for a really solid looking 950. But in reality if the final version looks exactly as it does ill probably still grab one, Icon's getting old. Just the truth.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I love it but I gotta admit it looks exactly like an iPhone 5. That was the first thing I thought when I saw the concepts, not the icon/930. And not that it's a bad thing, at all really.

I really hope MS reads all the feed back from the leaked renders and totally scraps the design and starts over. Keep the specs but change the design. I would wait to February or march for a really solid looking 950. But in reality if the final version looks exactly as it does ill probably still grab one, Icon's getting old. Just the truth.

My thinking is this, so what it resembles some other shell because that's where the similarities end. If its running Windows 10 for Phones, its ride or die time. This is what I hope will be the design and it doesn't even matter to me if its built by Microsoft. If HTC or Sammy or some other builder could deliver a simular design, I'm interested. This looks professional, classy and would be a pleasure to own while running Windows 10 for Phones.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I like it SOME, but I don't care for the metal band or rounded corners.Something seems a tab off with the camera as well. The whole thing gives off too much of an iPhone vibe for me to really buy into it.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Even though it looks a bit more iPhone 5s than 930 to me, it looks hundreds of times better than the 'leaked' renders of the 950 and XL we've seen. This at least looks like a flagship and not a mid-tier phone. However, I think the general public would probably refer to it as the Microsoft iPhone. I think it's just the length; this render looks narrower than the 930 which is what makes it look more iphone-ish. Also, the colors of course :) The 930 was usually advertised in that awesome orange! If they stuck the 950 into a 930 exterior I'd consider it - as the 950 renders look, I don't plan on considering them.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, this is gorgeous. A friend of mine who is iphone 6 obsessed said it was really pretty but didn't think it was real as that doesn't seem like something MS would do. It has a sort of lumia 830 mixed with iphone look to it, but I love the lack of bezel on the sides. A man can only wish.

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Looking at it from the front, it reminds me at any white samsung phone.
Looking at the back side, it reminds me at an iPhone 5.

Personally, I hope the final design looks different from those two.
I believe the lumia 930 had the best look from all windows phones.

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I actually like this concept. The leaked ones just don't look that nice. This has a more flagship look. Kind of like the 830/930 with a bit more style. Can't wait to see the actual devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon