So how much slower is Qi exactly??

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Curious...

If Qi is quite significantly slower than wired USB, than is Qi really worth it, other than being just a nice charging pad for your desk?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Can't say I that I have noticed QI is that slow. Either I charge overnight if going out first thing in the morning or put on charge two hours or so before I plan to go out later in the day. It goes from sub 20% to fully charged in under two hours even from my QI power pack. The power pack itself actually takes significantly longer to charge from USB albeit it holds more than twice as much charge as the phone itself.

Then again having the power pack to hand means I am less fraught at the prospect at being out and about with a phone that is low on charge (just as it is comforting to have a double holder for loo rolls. ;) ).

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the charger. I have the factory wireless charging cover on my 925 & using a generic Qi charger connected to my 1A Nokia charger, it'll charge up my phone in the same time as though it was connected to the micro USB charger. So in my opinion, no it's not faster or slower. It's nice not having to finagle your charger out of your phone. Just grab it and go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12