Any information on the 950/xl camera

Shepx13

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Has there been any "concrete" info on the cameras that will be in these phones? Specifically as far as the sensor, like pixel pitch or what that quality should be similar too? Just curious if these will end up being this generation's best smartphone camera, no matter what OS.

William Tadekawa

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I really hope it's going to kill the cameras on the iPhone 6s and galaxy S6, especially considering it's one of the last high ends being released this year. LG, Samsung, Apple, Sony, HTC, etc all have theirs announced/released already. If the 950 camera is worse, then it's going to attract about zero attention in the smartphone industry.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I really hope it's going to kill the cameras on the iPhone 6s and galaxy S6, especially considering it's one of the last high ends being released this year. LG, Samsung, Apple, Sony, HTC, etc all have theirs announced/released already. If the 950 camera is worse, then it's going to attract about zero attention in the smartphone industry.

I'm inclined to agree a bit. One of the big attractions to Lumia has been the quality of PureView. We haven't seen a high-end PureView in over 18 months, so I hope they're coming with massive upgrades over the L930. Android has taken huge steps to improve camera quality such that the LG G4 and Note 5 are clearly better than even the new iPhones (which always garner praise).

I hope there isn't a big difference between the 950 and 950XL in picture quality, but they both need to be significantly better than L930.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes