Surface Phone

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
This is all just speculation by me, but I think the reason the Surface Mini was cancelled is the Surface phone. We already can see that the 950 and 950XL will have the ability to use Continuum to use a keyboard, mouse, and monitor on your phone. But I think the plan is for the Surface phone to basically take it to the next level. Rumors say it will have an intel processor. If it's going that way, it will probably be able to run regular programs.

Just imagine walking into work with your Surface phone. You sit down at your desk, plug your phone into your Continuum dock, and BOOM, you now have your computer running full programs. Then at the end of your work day, you unplug and take it with you. It's basically a mini Surface Pro tablet that is also a phone. This would fit the narrative that Satya laid out about having low end phones, premium phones, and then phones aimed at the enterprise. This would be the ultimate enterprise phone.

What do ya think?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
This is all just speculation by me, but I think the reason the Surface Mini was cancelled is the Surface phone. We already can see that the 950 and 950XL will have the ability to use Continuum to use a keyboard, mouse, and monitor on your phone. But I think the plan is for the Surface phone to basically take it to the next level. Rumors say it will have an intel processor. If it's going that way, it will probably be able to run regular programs.

Just imagine walking into work with your Surface phone. You sit down at your desk, plug your phone into your Continuum dock, and BOOM, you now have your computer running full programs. Then at the end of your work day, you unplug and take it with you. It's basically a mini Surface Pro tablet that is also a phone. This would fit the narrative that Satya laid out about having low end phones, premium phones, and then phones aimed at the enterprise. This would be the ultimate enterprise phone.

What do ya think?

If they can pull it off that would be great. The only issue is that Intel hasn't been able to get the performance in mobile comparable to that of A9 Apple chip while the Core i5 and i7 are miles ahead the mobile performance is still lagging. But who knows if they have been cooking an ace up their sleeve with MSFT?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes