Does iOS and Android truly offer a better Microsoft Services experience than Window Phone/Mobile?

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
There are a lot of threads and posts (Too many for some) from people who are leaving for iOS or Android. One point commonly made is that Microsoft's first party services/apps for Windows Phone 8.1/ W10M are actually better on those other platforms. What's especially interesting is that no one ever refutes it. So is it true that apps like Outlook and OneDrive are better on iOS and Android than on Windows 10 Mobile? If its not true then can someone simply blow the notion out of the water. If it is unfortunately true, then why isn't it mentioned more when discussing the future of the platform. What's the significance of a Surface phone, when the apps for it work better on the lasted iPhone or Galaxy Note?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the theory is that Microsoft will get 10 settled in and then plunge ahead improving services on Windows Mobile first once more. The services were rolled out to get users on board with the other platforms, but why hyper-update on 8.1 which is being supplanted?

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It is the same reason other developers develop on the other platforms first. Microsoft wants to be a software company and get the software in users hands. It may get better with future updates, but that is the same coming soon issue.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Based on the those 2 replies, I should accept them as concession. Sad times for Windows Mobile users indeed.

That all depends on what you want and expect out of the platform.

I've never been an App junky. I like the UX and am looking forward to getting Windows 10 Mobile official. I'm enjoying 10 on my computer and want that deeper integration between devices that is coming. I'm not out of patience by any means.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon