Micro USB to USB-C adapter not working, how can I get it working?

David Saber

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Micro USB to USB-C adapter not working

Hi all!
I have a lot of micro USB cables. And now I have a brand new Microsoft Lumia 950 which has a USB-C port. I wanted to re-use these old cables so I bought 5 Micro USB to USB-C adapters:
On Ebay, look for "USB 3.1 Male to Micro USB Female Adapter"
Here's a photo of this:
WP_20160126_09_06_39_Rich_LI.jpg
But unfortunately, the phone isn't charging when I use this :cry: I tried 2 of them.
Anyone else have tried the same setup? Is it a general problem with these kind of adapters, or is just with the ones I ordered from Ebay? :angry:
Thanks, and see you soon :wink:
David

arislgr

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Micro USB to USB-C adapter not working

Same here, I have four of them and cannot use them. Can anyone suggest a BRAND of adapter that will do the job? There are some branded ones on Amazon that claim they can charge a variety of devices, but have not found one that mentions the Lumia 950

arislgr

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
WORKAROUND for the USB-C adapters that don't work:

While waiting to take delivery of more adapters that claim to work on my 950, I played around with the ones that didn't, till I got them to work.

Try it:
1. Power-off the 950.
2. While the phone is OFF, plug in the charger with the 'bad' USB_C adapter.
3. The phone should power-on by itself and start charging.

That's it!

You might have to try plugging it in a couple of times before it works, turning it 180degrees each time. It worked with my cheap Chinese ones.

bbobeckyj

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I have two adapters off ebay, and a cable which looks to be similar quality to the official one(s), none of them work without powering off first. They all feel different to the real ones when plugging in too, it feels rough or like it's scraping.

David Saber

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hel , I didn't realize people were answering the thread I started :) Thanks for these tips that I didn't try yet. But in the meantime I bought on Amazon an adapter that works : the brand is "Aukey". Hope this helps.
See you!
David

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro