Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I can't find anywhere better.

I purchased an Icon 8/14 when we switched to Verizon. I got the MS store to price match when Verizon was offering the phone for 1 cent. I added the extended warranty, as that was the main reason for the MS store instead of Verizon.

I got a nasty dent in the metal frame from dropping it on the curb a few weeks ago. The phone still works, but the back will start to pop off randomly. I went back to the MS store to find out what would happen if I did a warranty claim. Long story short, I could get a 735 or I could get an M8, but they don't have them in stock. And even if I switch to AT&T, I still have to get a Verizon approved phone for them to activate.

I'm mostly pissed at Verizon for not accepting the 950. But it also sucks that MS can't do anything to help me out. I mean $200 for the warranty and $50 deductible for a phone that costs $190 off contract is quite annoying. I would gladly take a 950 if they made me sign something acknowledging they can't activate it, then I could just switch to "notverizon" later.

Anyone have a suggestion?
    05-11-2016 12:17 PM
    Long story short, I could get a 735 or I could get an M8, but they don't have them in stock.
    That's a bummer, man. I dropped my Icon on the ground too, but the dent on the frame is minimal and my phone is out of extended warranty as of three months ago.

Did they say they were out of stock all over? Or just at that specific store? Would it be possible to have the warranty cover an Icon from another location?
    05-11-2016 12:43 PM
    That's a bummer, man. I dropped my Icon on the ground too, but the dent on the frame is minimal and my phone is out of extended warranty as of three months ago.

Did they say they were out of stock all over? Or just at that specific store? Would it be possible to have the warranty cover an Icon from another location?
    They said there is no stock of Icons anymore so I would have to take a different model. For anyone else that stumbles across this, they replace your phone with the equivalent tier phone. I would have had a choice between the 950 and 950xl if there wasn't the issue with Verizon. This particular store was out of the M8, they said they could probably get one but didn't know from where until we initiated the swap. I'm not quite ready to give up on my Icon yet.
    05-11-2016 05:58 PM
    I would take the M8 for $50 rather than waste the insurance.
    But only after the Icon was unusable.
    But if you wait too long, that stock might run out too.
    05-11-2016 09:18 PM
    I would take the M8 for $50 rather than waste the insurance.
    But only after the Icon was unusable.
    But if you wait too long, that stock might run out too.
    Sort of my thinking too. Any idea what a New M8 would sell for if I decide to switch to AT&T and buy a 950?
    05-12-2016 09:36 AM
    Sort of my thinking too. Any idea what a New M8 would sell for if I decide to switch to AT&T and buy a 950?
    Brand new and sealed, probably somewhere between $150 - $175.
    05-12-2016 01:47 PM
    Brand new and sealed, probably somewhere between $150 - $175.
    You are more likely to get a "refurbished" device as an insurance replacement. Especially this late in the M8 life cycle. I see a couple on CL for $130 or less, various conditions.

I assume you are being offered a Windows M8? Always wanted to try that!

I have an Android M9, it is a worthy device. And my 950 XL is maturing nicely. Very expensive though.
    Last edited by JRDEMASKUS; 05-12-2016 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Missing info
    05-12-2016 10:38 PM
    You are more likely to get a "refurbished" device as an insurance replacement. Especially this late in the M8 life cycle. I see a couple on CL for $130 or less, various conditions.
    As far as I know, Microsoft Complete replacements are always brand new.
    05-13-2016 09:34 AM