Kik push notifications not working since 10th anniversary update

Idola_The

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue? Some contacts I get notifications for but for most I don't. Reinstalling the app sometimes works but it just goes back to having issues. It is set to receive notifications but it just doesn't show it via push.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue? Some contacts I get notifications for but for most I don't. Reinstalling the app sometimes works but it just goes back to having issues. It is set to receive notifications but it just doesn't show it via push.

Notifications seem to have suffered in the AU, since there have been many people complaining of whatsapp or messenger or kik in your case not getting notifications
Maybe the next update can solve this problem

mahesham22

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
for me it was working fine until yesterday. Now I don't receive push notifications from any apps. Only phone and text notifications work.
Any workaround found? because it's hard to live without it.

Brendan White au

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
The developers of KiK have openly said they will not develop the app for KiK in Windows using pathetic excuses. I am surprised it still works at all.
I have noticed the same deal. No notifications from KiK. All other apps work perfectly. Unfortunately I do not expect it to be fixed. As I said, the developers have openly said they won't develop for Windows any longer.
I abandoned KiK in Windows as they refuse to add the same features available in iOS and Android, despite tools being available to easily port apps.

Andrew10562

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having this issue, notifications are completely dead in the water since AU was installed, no toast notifications nor any sounds or vibration. I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall the app twice but this has not resolved the issue at all. I'm on a Lumia 640.

zsuzska2 - I don't think that link you provided is an up-to-date one, as it doesn't say anything at all about WM10 or the AU. I think that's an old post from when kik first released their app for Windows Phone.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The app works pretty horribly for me, many times crashing on launch if you do get a notification and then you can't see the message. Not worth the hassle for me, just use texting or any number of other apps.

Brendan White au

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
KiK suddenly appeared in my Push Notifications overnight, but still is not in camera permissions or other permissions.
Seems to be an issue because KiK has not been updated for Windows 10 (apart from a brief security update (server end) there has been no update to the KIK for Windows app Since Windows Phone 8 was first released).

All you can really do is just keep logging faults with KIK and hope they realise that there is a reasonable user base on Windows and hope the update it.

The issue is not a general Windows fault as other apps all do notifications and permissions correctly and once KIK actually added itself to the allowed notifications app list Notifications did start again. It is hit and miss though.

mahesham22

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday evening, after a soft reset, push notifications started working suddenly. yay! It's strange, cuz before that also, I did many soft resets. But it didn't help.
Anyways, push notifications for all the apps are working for me now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon