05-02-2017 10:48 PM
28 12
tools
    Everyone proudly rocking Windows Phone in here? Or have you moved on to something else? Android? iPhone? If you're into Windows Phone, what makes it best for you in comparison to the other mobile OS's out there?
    04-27-2017 09:57 AM
    I have a Windows Phone but it isn't my daily driver. I enjoy that way though too.
    04-27-2017 10:07 AM
    Idol 4s. Daily driver. Don't need anything else!

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    04-27-2017 03:27 PM
    IPhone 6S+ as a daily driver only because of work-related apps and Idol 4S for Continuum and all the heavy lifting. About to tell my boss where to stick it any day now so the roles may soon change.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    04-27-2017 03:41 PM
    IPhone 6S+ as a daily driver only because of work-related apps and Idol 4S for Continuum and all the heavy lifting. About to tell my boss where to stick it any day now so the roles may soon change.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    LOL, let us know how that goes.
    They use iPhones at my hospital also. I refuse.

fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-27-2017 04:57 PM
    This minute, hour, week, month, I've chosen Android as my daily drivers (GS7/LG G4), the ever mounting app-gap has made this partly so. My 830, 650 and 950 are all running CU, and it's a good bet we'll be giving one of them a go very soon via the ol' SIM swap. Yet, unless things change in the WM field, good bet Android will always be the platform we lean on the most, at least in the foreseeable future.

My wife is and always has been iOS all the way, and yes we easily live in harmony LOL. Personally, I don't mind the platform and can easily adapt if need be, I choose not too because we’re blessed with choice.
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    04-27-2017 10:44 PM
    Me=something else.
    gpobernardo and libra89 like this.
    04-27-2017 11:22 PM
    Idol 4s daily driver...looking to get a android in a few months

Sent from Idol 4s
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-28-2017 07:31 AM
    LOL, let us know how that goes.
    They use iPhones at my hospital also. I refuse.

Yep, I'm unemployed today. Sucks walking away from a six-figure salary but it's better than being a guest at the Dade County Stockade.

It's cool though. Interviewed this morning and I'm starting a new job Monday. A lot less cha-ching but a lot less stress. One heart attack has proven sufficient.

I can't stress enough how important your health is.
    Guytronic, libra89, raycpl and 4 others like this.
    04-28-2017 11:13 AM
    Yep, I'm unemployed today. Sucks walking away from a six-figure salary but it's better than being a guest at the Dade County Stockade.

It's cool though. Interviewed this morning and I'm starting a new job Monday. A lot less cha-ching but a lot less stress. One heart attack has proven sufficient.

Congratulations and good luck on the new job! 😊
    fatclue_98, Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    04-28-2017 12:07 PM

You're a boss! Congrats and good luck with the new one!
    04-28-2017 12:27 PM

I fully understand. I love my job and though I may be able to make more money somewhere else it doesn't drive me. It drives me to do what I love.
    I hope your new position goes well for you. Sounds like you made the right choice.

04-28-2017 04:56 PM
    Wishing you the very best with your new job and mostly with your health.
    fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    04-28-2017 07:19 PM
    Recently ordered an Idol 4s. It's here but I'm on work so I won't get it till Tuesday!

Will probably switch to the Iphone 8 when released in October. If not, then a OnePlus device.... Or i just might stay with Windows phone. Who knows!
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-28-2017 11:59 PM
    Sticking to the 950 as the daily driver. I feel lucky so I've put it on the fast ring. I mean if it's already feature2 then I can't expect it to break anything major :P

Lately I was thinking about other platforms a lot, just to be 100% sure to what I am going to switch when the time comes and I came to conclusion that Android is simply too vulnerable and overloaded with everything that I don't think I could survive there.

On the other hand I dislike Apple for their mostly overpriced products, but I must admit that iOS looks a lot more safe than Android and that MS apps look more similar to their apps on Windows on iOS. Don't know which phone would I go for though because they're all so ridiculously expensive that I would feel like an i*iot for paying 1000 € for a phone.

I still didn't find a definitive winner between iOS and Android, but overall winner for me is still Windows 10 Mobile for as long as it will live normally.
    04-29-2017 02:18 AM
    I'm on a blackberry phone. Used many android devices. Getting my first windows phone soon I think, may Cortana skill api announcements pending (assuming the skill api comes to windows 10 mobile that is, I'd rather like to use more voice on a phone for tasks).

I'm windows everything else these days. Windows tablet, windows desktop. They are both kind of my babies. I built my cheap arse desktop, by upgrading the smeg out of an old dell. I often treat technology as a project. I like to play
    Last edited by Drael646464; 04-29-2017 at 02:34 AM.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-29-2017 02:21 AM
    Sticking to the 950 as the daily driver. I feel lucky so I've put it on the fast ring. I mean if it's already feature2 then I can't expect it to break anything major :P

Lately I was thinking about other platforms a lot, just to be 100% sure to what I am going to switch when the time comes and I came to conclusion that Android is simply too vulnerable and overloaded with everything that I don't think I could survive there.

On the other hand I dislike Apple for their mostly overpriced products, but I must admit that iOS looks a lot more safe than Android and that MS apps look more similar to their apps on Windows on iOS. Don't know which phone would I go for though because they're all so ridiculously expensive that I would feel like an i*iot for paying 1000 € for a phone.

I still didn't find a definitive winner between iOS and Android, but overall winner for me is still Windows 10 Mobile for as long as it will live normally.
    BB do secure android phones (like the dtek60). They work well with outlook too.

Google and apple aren't my friends, and personally I'd prefer the 950 but if security is a concern, the options in android do exist.
    04-29-2017 02:32 AM
    BB do secure android phones (like the dtek60). They work well with outlook too.

Google and apple aren't my friends, and personally I'd prefer the 950 but if security is a concern, the options in android do exist.
    Security is one concern and the second concern is that it's from Google and requires google services which I don't use (except for the gmail account I had to make for my first smartphone that was Android, now I have an outlook.com account) and to my knowledge you can't get rid of them like you can do with Apple services on an iPhone.
    04-29-2017 02:39 AM
    Security is one concern and the second concern is that it's from Google and requires google services which I don't use (except for the gmail account I had to make for my first smartphone that was Android, now I have an outlook.com account) and to my knowledge you can't get rid of them like you can do with Apple services on an iPhone.
    You can't fully remove google from android, or apple from iPhone. They will eat your babies in your sleep no matter what you do XD
    04-29-2017 03:20 AM
    You can't fully remove google from android, or apple from iPhone. They will eat your babies in your sleep no matter what you do XD
    From what Zac Bowden said in his article I believe you can remove all of Apple's services there except Siri.
    04-29-2017 03:24 AM
    From what Zac Bowden said in his article I believe you can remove all of Apple's services there except Siri.
    I heard you can't change the default programs for documents, so even if you go all in with another service system, when you click on files or links, you may still end up in an apple program. I've only used osx (shudder), never ios, so I couldn't say.

I'd also guess you can't get out of the app store. And you are forever buying propretiary connectors. And your device is designed specifically not to say, stream DLNA, or have compatibility with other systems.

I doubt you can load your phone as a disk on your PC, like android. You probably need to mess around with some messy third party solution.

I can't imagine apple will have made it comfortable, even if it is possible, to step out of their web, any more than google would do the same.
    04-29-2017 04:39 AM
    I heard you can't change the default programs for documents, do even if you go all in with another service system, when you click on files or links, you may still end up in an apple program. And obviously you can't get out of the app store....at least with google, it is possible to avoid the play store.

IDK, i'd have conflicting feelings about either OS and their shady makers.
    I have them too, because my wallet appreciates Android more but my brain doesn't. Google is worse than Microsoft when it comes to future updates (at least from my experience) and I just can't stand that interface, though I must admit I would go for the S8 just because I'd like to see what is Dex like compared to Continuum in real life. Maybe I'll try it on a demo if they have it in any tech shop around me.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-29-2017 04:44 AM
    You can activate a Windows or Android phone without signing in to the respective "big brother" service but you won't have access to the apps. You MUST sign in to your Apple ID before you can use an iPhone. I don't use iCloud, find my phone or Siri but it's signed in to the App Store.

At least with Windows and Android you can sideload apps.
    04-29-2017 10:37 AM
    Android offers Micro SD support on quite a few phones, has phones at all price points, drag and drop works like Windows and doesn't require itunes. Sounds like a winner to me. I say this as someone who hates Google with all my soul and yet somehow, I like Apple even less. So between 2 companies I can't stand, if (when) I have t make the move, it comes down to things like those listed above for me.
    04-29-2017 11:30 PM
    WP until my 950XL dies on me.
    Been using project to laptop (..and onto a secondary monitor, too) for past couple of weeks...

I have a spare 1520 which I use to mess about
    And a old iPhone4, which stays in the dusty drawer permanently

... !!
    04-30-2017 01:09 AM
28 12