Who is still using a Windows Phone? Honest Question.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I still using windows phone (L950), i almost lost hope in it when it was going haywire with it's random restarts. After, some research and a battery replacement, the phone us still going strong. I'm anti apple and would never switch to ios. Eventually i will switch to android. I'm still waiting on Nokia to make an updated Nokia 8/9 with wireless charging

The Traveller

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
Hello all, I was wondering how many of you are still using a Windows Phone. My last windows phone was an HTC One M8 a couple of years ago. Since I carry 2 phones, one for work, I rather preferred my windows phone for my work phone. I found a good deal on a like new Nokia / Microsoft 735 and am going to use it again for my work phone, we have no choice of carrier at work but Verizon. I have never seen Windows Mobile version 10, haven't used one since 8.1. It really is a shame that Microsoft didn't put the money and effort into becoming a real competitor in the mobile industry.

Yes, I use it because it just works, the 950 hardware is still competitive after two years, and the software is solid now. Just a shame they stopped its development, as i was loving the integration with the desktop.

Sammy3000

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I had left my W10 phone for an Android, and while I got used to it, the Android phone broke down (now is on service), I have to take my old Windows Phone. And looking back again, the WP is a great phone to work. It is even better now!. why? Now Google services works fine in Windows Phone browser. Coincidence?, or they want to take them to Android instead of us choosing the iphone. Whatever the reason, Google News is fine, gmail, photos. Of course I use all Microsoft services as well. But the only thing that I dont have in Windows Phone is the bank apps. They are great phones, and the best, it does not have a thousand of things that take your attention away

jmreuter

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
My 1520 was my all-time favorite phone. It developed the dreaded problem with the connector for the mic and bottom board so it wasn't much use as a phone after that. I picked up a Black Friday 640 for $30 when the 1520 went flakey and have been using that since.

I figured out how to jigger the 1520 problem connector, but then the battery was shot. So I replaced the battery but managed to disable the touch screen while doing that, so it is still in limbo until I can get back to that. I'd love to get it working again, though.

The 640 has a cracked screen, a replacement screen is in the mail for about what I paid for the phone :). The 640 has crap reliability on the latest Windows 10 and fast ring updates, the worst ever for any Windows phone I have used. I don't know if it is the phone or if the software quality has gone to crap since Microsoft stopped taking it seriously.

I'm definitely feeling the app pinch. Groove music was a hit but I changed to Spotify smoothly. I've toyed with the idea of switching to Android; the V30 looks tempting but is expensive. However, I switched jobs (by force, not choice) and my new employer provided a work iPhone, so I can use that to cover any app shortages. I use that for work email and calendar and just a couple of apps, but iOS is very meh and text without swipe sucks, so I don't use it for personal stuff.

Sammy3000

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Another thing: When I only used the Windows Phone I thought that I was missing the great phones out there, Android and the iPhone, and the media told me repeatedly that I was a second class citicen with the Windows Phone. But now that I had the Android for several months I don´t think I missed too much

Riopato

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Until Windows on Arm becomes it's replacement, my 950xl will be my main driver until it dies. My family has moved between Android and iPhone but they come to me for help with "tech" issues and both platform ecosystems are just inefficient that doesn't work as expected.

Some Gadget Geek

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Not me. I'm switched from my lowly L 520 to a lovely Nokia 6. The apps I use regularly are no longer supported on Windows Phone 8.1, and probably not on Windows 10 Mobile. Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Skype have all moved on, just to name a few. My dad has a L 650 which is okay since he doesn't use these apps as much. But not me.

Ringoss

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I still use my HP Elite X3 for work.

It's simply the best device for work for me. I'm hoping Microsoft will come out with another device but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll use the X3 until it dies, and then probably switch to either my 1520 or 950XL!

nazim elverdi

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
ı use my Lumia535 for Daily and check my work mail. I like Windows On. I and I am waiting with my hope that Microsoft will release Windows Andromeda in phone capabilities Surface Mobile or whatever they call.

Jeffery L

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
I use a Lumia 950 and my wife uses a Lumia 650. Microsoft only announced the deprecation of W10M just 3 months ago, so I'm still processing what we should do. I've been looking to Windows Central for information on what to expect in the future. I started using Windows Phone in 2013. At that time, my sole reason for picking Windows Phone was I thought it would provide nice integration with the PC, meaning cognitive abstraction unification of the OS/UI and synchronization of Microsoft Account data. This has proven to work out in that my experience from PC to phone is seamless and just works. Right now my plan is to try to hold out on W10M till the end of the 2018 (which will make my 950 three years old). I firmly believe that pocket PCs with telephony running Windows 10 are coming. Microsoft has put so much love and labor into Windows 10 indicating this is the direction they are going. Windows 10 will be able to run on just about any device and architecture in the very near future, making Windows 10 one of the most sophisticated operating system in the world. If such a pocket PC device does not arrive before the end of 2018, I will switch myself and my wife over to Android, but set up the phone to use Microsoft services. When the pocket PC does come out, I will purchase one as an early adopter. Later, after seeing how it is working out, I will then transition my wife to a pocket PC. If it starts to look like I can run all my computing needs on a pocket PC (Visual Studio 2017 will probably be the hold out), I will start to streamline my device inventory by no longer purchasing laptops, but instead lapdocks and/or a monitor station. I'm really motivated for computing in my life to be simple, just work, and increase productivity in my life. In terms of apps, I really do not feel the "app gap" on W10M. I don't use mobile social media, I don't play games, and I don't really watch You Tube on my phone. On the occasion I do things like social media and You Tube, I actually prefer to just wait until I'm on a larger screen and full keyboard. I don't have a pressing need to have to check these things on the go. One thing though were I did struggle in the "app gap" is with mapping. I feel mapping software with offline and real time traffic is a very important. I've tried CoPilot, Sygic, and Windows Maps. Windows Maps has actually come a very long way, and is now my preferred mapping software. I don't understand why Zac starts out this forum question by saying apps will stop working. UWP is the application standard for Window 10 going forward. It is not just a mobile application standard. I have come to realize that a well designed app on a laptop can provide a better experience than a web site. I now prefer UWP apps even in a desktop experience. I hope that companies developing apps get this. I hope they realize people can use their UWP app on a larger form factor and not just a little phone. One company that seems to have a split personality about getting this is Amazon. They do not have a UWP Kindle reader. But, they have a UWP Audible app that even works with HaloLens. They misguidedly are still maintaining their Win32 Kindle app. That is something I will miss when I have to leave W10M, because the Kindle reader I am using on my 950 is the Window Phone 8 app. Support for that will go away with moving away from W10M. I have tried their Cloud Reader in Edge on my 950 and it doesn't work right. So I'm mildly concerned about how I will read in the future.

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I am a faithful and loyal Windows phone (1520), user, love the large Nokia Lumia, just purchased a new unit, sealed and in the original Nokia box, swear by the phone, had an iphone, complete tosh, got all the apps I need, never understood Microsoft for ditching Win10, mobile. Missed a trick indeed, look forward to another 3 Years of untroubled use 😎

idnyoga

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
I have nokia asha for the first time i have a phone. And then switch to nokia lumia 520 with windows phone 8.0 because they partnership with Microsoft. Fall in love with Live Tile that WP offer.
And switch again to Microsoft Lumia 640 Xl. So far I still using that phone until now. Because it still have apps that I used. No matter how bad is WP/W10M apps ecosystem. And one reason that I love, because W10M has live tile......
Om Telolet Om
Eta terangkanlah ..du tak dung. Du tak dung
From Indo

RamosRoma

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
1. Love the UI. I like android but find Windows more appealing and more easy to use.
2. Have a Nokia Lumia 1520 and find the 6" screen gorgeous. I know that there are "better" screens, but for my purpose and use I find it great!!!
3. Having a WP these days is like having something very exclusive. Every time I pull out my 1520 there's someone asking about it. In a world full of android users, android have become boring, so it feels nice having something "old" but very different from what other people have.
3. Even though my 1520 is "old", in comparison with some new phones.....I don't have nothing to envy!!!
4. Live Tile, Live Tiles, Live Tiles.....They are way much better looking than a boring, lifeless android home screen!!!......
.....So sad that soon I will be using another boring android phone. I will be one more of "The Same"!!!

Russell Southey

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
I use a Lumia 950 as my "daily driver" - it's an excellent phone. Everything I need just works - no fuss and the UI is still the best out there. I've only just (as in last month) had reason to think about moving away from Windows Phone - I needed to install WeChat... and it's a no-go on Windows phone! I will keep using my 950 as long as possible.

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
We have 3 Lumia Icon's as daily drivers because we are on Verizon. We were looking forward to upgrading to the HP Elite x3 until Satya Nadella created this train wreck in the Windows ecosystem ... because, "he didn't see a NEED for a third ecosystem"!!! That's just fine for him as he made over $100 million as CEO ... but, how,about us,loyal Microsoft users and all of the hard earned $$$ we spent buying these phones???

We tried both iPhone and Android and simply nit as good ... waiting for Andomeda/WoA or the FIRST OLED folding phone???

But, Satya Nadella will probably CANCEL that as well!

I know of at least a dozen other WP users similarly disgusted with Microsoft ... very poor leadership by Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS