Factory resetting i need some help?

Billy95Tech

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My 11.6 inch Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) is very slow and laggy and i tried everything to get it back to normal again but still not good.

So i thought the only option is to factory reset my Windows 8 tablet the option "that you refresh your PC without affectin your files" i pressed on it and after couple minutes(perparing) it said "Insert media Some files are missing. Your Windows installation or recovery media will provide these files" i dont really know where to find the Windows installation or recovery media.

So where do i find them files to factory reset my tablet?

And what do i need to do before i factory reset my Windows 8 tablet? because i am a complete newbie when it comes to factory resetting Windows 8 tablets and will be my 1st time doing this and when it comes to factory resetting my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 it is simple and fast.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Another member ScienceguyLabs had the exact same issue with his Acer Iconia. Luckily he was able to talk to Acer and they helped him out. You might want to do that as well. Perhaps if a MSFT store is nearby you might want to try out that as well. Good luck.

Billy95Tech

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Just bought a (Samsung)External CD drive connected to my Acer Iconia W700 and i putted the Acer Recovery CDs inside and now i really don't know what to do next because on the Acer manuel help guide it does not tell me on how to factory reset my tablet and what to do next and when i go on the discs on my tablet it only shows files(.MD5/.DAT), not a .exe file

So can someone help me please? and on what to do next?

Billy95Tech

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
When it is charging it will be fast again at opening new tabs and loading programs and be not slow and sluggish.

But when it is not charging it is very slow and sluggish again. :/
And i have battery on balance when i put switch it to high performance it does nothing and still be slow and sluggish.

I can't keep charging the battery at 100 percent because it will over charge and it will reduce the battery life and i don't want that to happen!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit