Windows 7 "updates"?

Tim1954

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Greetings Windows experts! I'm from Android land, not great with computers.
I have an oldish asics laptop running Windows 7. No updates for a long time, suddenly tonight I get all these notifications that I have updates available. Investigatings further, ut seems there are updates for Windows 7! It's this real or malwate? Many thanks ..... Tim.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, if they are via Windows Updates then I doubt they would be malware.
Do they show kb numbers?
As far as I am aware, Windows 7 still gets updates. The long time you mentioned in between updates could be another issue.

Tim1954

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks... The last time it got updates was when windows 10 started to appear and the update service said no more updates for 7!
Then suddenly I got the popup saying updates available, then another message "see if your running time latest Windows 7 version" and that went to a ms site with all the options to update this and that...

YaSo

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Windows 7 should still be getting security updates from Microsoft on the 'second Tuesday of the month' until January 2020. Is it possible you installed a GWX (get Windows 10) no-nag utility to block the Windows 10 update notifications, that might be screwing up your updates?

DominicanNY

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
windows update cannot install malware so those notifications update should be new cumulative updates for windows 7 thar bring security, stability, and os improvements

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
OK, I think the best way to be sure it's a real Update is just entering in Windows Update in the Control Panel, if there you find the updates and want to install them do it from there and not from the notification bar.

Tim1954

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Chuckle! Haven't been here for awhile...
Still no updates, the pc says updates available but then it just sits there and says updating, but the percentage stays on zero..

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Greetings Windows experts! I'm from Android land, not great with computers.
I have an oldish asics laptop running Windows 7. No updates for a long time, suddenly tonight I get all these notifications that I have updates available. Investigatings further, ut seems there are updates for Windows 7! It's this real or malwate? Many thanks ..... Tim.
You probably had the windows update program not working for a while. It's not malware, in my humble opinion, and you can safely do them all.

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon