Not Surface

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
So I was thinking about buying a laptop/convertible/2in1 that would support inking and would possibly have a dedicated GPU (not a necessity) so basically something that would be similar to Surface just not Surface. Why would I not buy a Surface? I came to a rational conclusion (after a long time) that Surface costs more than I am willing to spend on a device because I am not sure that I could keep that device for about 5 years (yes I am looking for a device that could last from 3-5 years) - while it does have some nice features I do not think that the CPU and integrated GPU will still be powerful enough in 2-3 years. Any help with device manufacturers/models greatly appreciated.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lenovo's ThinkPad Yoga 14 (I think, whatever is recent) comes to mind.
I believe the 14 model (or was it 15?) now has pen-input along with a discrete GPU. It didn't have a pen a couple years ago which is why I sprung for the smaller 12 model sans the GPU.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Lenovo's ThinkPad Yoga 14 (I think, whatever is recent) comes to mind.
I believe the 14 model (or was it 15?) now has pen-input along with a discrete GPU. It didn't have a pen a couple years ago which is why I sprung for the smaller 12 model sans the GPU.
Did you mean this one?
It looks like something I might be looking for but the prices aren't available yet unfortunately

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk