Well that almost worked

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I mainly use XM on my 920 because the experience is a lot better. I always download my songs unless I'm using SmartDJ, then I just choose what songs I want to download.

XM on Windows 8 has the option to automatically add songs to your PC's collection that you downloaded on other XM devices. Well, it has never worked for me so imagine my surprise when I open XM on my Surface RT and the last two songs I downloaded on my 920 just appeared with no effort on my part! One of those those songs I had only downloaded just a few minutes earlier. Could music syncing finally be working!!!

No.

I decided to test it out by downloading three more random songs. None of them appeared on my Surface. I tried restarting both devices, closing and opening the app and staring at it with disapproving eyes. Nothing worked. I have no idea why two songs downloaded but the other didn't. Maybe it only syncs at certain time intervals. Either way, I wish it worked all the time.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I use a Surface RT, Nokia Lumia 920, a Windows 8 laptop, and a Windows 8 desktop and mine always syncs when I open Xbox Music. I love the fact I have all my music accessible on all my devices. I further love the fact I don't have to download my entire library on my phone. I just wish all of my library was available on XM as some songs I have cannot find matches so they don't sync.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I sent this message to Microsoft and this was their answer.

Basically the Windows Phone is only a streaming and downloading device. Therefore it is currently unable to upload songs from the phone to the cloud. However if you download the songs on a Windows 8 PC and turn cloud sync on it will sync with all your other Windows 8 devices (if they too have the cloud sync On), it is also preferable to download songs over the PC that way you have a back up if something happens to your phone or surface. Also only songs that are available on the Marketplace will appear on the cloud, some songs are unavailable.

Please let us know if you have any further questions

Have a nice day!
Andy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes