Music+Videos app on windows phone 8 lagging

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I use a Lumia 520. It has got 512mb RAM and I do have issues sometimes. The lag is mostly pronounced while using the Music+Videos app. When opening it, it loads for a second and then starts. When returning from the 'playing' screen to the album list, it lags. Badly. Often when I click on a song to play it, the song starts playing instantly but the 'now playing' page takes about 2-3 seconds to show up. I don't know if this is a problem of the app or a hardware limitation. Maybe it is a problem with the app itself or it might be due to 512mb ram and 1ghz processor. If anyone faces similar problem with a phone having 512mb RAM, please respond.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don Dennis

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
YEs I have a Lumia 520 My self. I am also experiencing the Lag problem . The phone and operating system are fine otherwise till you open the music and video section. The songs tab is full of multiple entries for the same file and when i touch a song to play, the music starts immediately but the now playing screen takes some time to load. This is really frustrating!

I don't think this is due to a hardware limitation because older phones with barely this much power (my nokia 5800 for example ) plays the same amount of music smoothly.
Anyone have a solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills