New music not syncing with 8.1

Niklas Larsson

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have updated my Nokia Lumia 920 to 8.1 and are like everyone else disappointed with the removal of the hub. Hopefully they will bring it back but until then we are stuck with the xbox music app.

Before the update when I bought an album on my computer with the xbox music app the album showed up on my phone in the music hub. After the update it doesnt. Is this something that other people have been a victim of?
I have searched the forum and the internetz but to no avail.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
How long have you had the update on your phone? Maybe the app hasn't had a chance to connect to the internet or your internet is being slow so it's taking time to sync? This happens to me occasionally when I have a bad internet connection.

SinfulKnight

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
This is one of the many issues I haven't found a fix for. I've had music on my phone that is purchased before the update. I've tried adding music without syncing and in some cases the songs would play a few times and never again. I'll get that message "Ether windows doesn't support the file format or the content doesn't match the extension in the name."

Today I synced to my new iMac and now songs that were working no longer work, and I've done the hard reset just to only have things work for a few minutes then fail again while I spend hours downloading all my stuff again.

This on my Lumia 1520

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
All my music did sync but it won't let me stream it even though I have it on my laptop, it says I have to subscribe even though I own the music, do I have to pay to stream the music I own on the cloud or am I missing something??

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
All my music did sync but it won't let me stream it even though I have it on my laptop, it says I have to subscribe even though I own the music, do I have to pay to stream the music I own on the cloud or am I missing something??

I'm still running 8.0 and one of the issues I've had is that if I purchased music from my phone, then it shows up (In the cloud) on all my other devices such as my desktop and tablet. However, if I purchase from one of the other devices sometimes it won't show up on my phone. Really weird. Are you talking about when you initially open the music app?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I think I remember reading on either a Windows or Xbox webpage that the free streaming service is only for the Windows 8.x app. Which is pretty dumb.

Niklas Larsson

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I updated my phone as soon as the update was available, so what's that? A month.

Just remembered one thing:
It might be a problem with my Xbox account since I live in Sweden and I bought a Xbox one when they announced that it wasn't going to be released until this fall. At first my music showed up on the Xbox and I could listen to the music but after a update whenever I start the music app on the Xbox it says that my Xbox account is on the wrong country. I have to set the Xbox one to UK.

Niklas Larsson

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm still running 8.0 and one of the issues I've had is that if I purchased music from my phone, then it shows up (In the cloud) on all my other devices such as my desktop and tablet. However, if I purchase from one of the other devices sometimes it won't show up on my phone. Really weird. Are you talking about when you initially open the music app?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Same for me on 8.0. I had to buy my music on my computer to get it on the phone and my surface. Of I bought it on the phone it did not show up on any other device. And I didn't get any cover art in the metadata.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. Music won't show up on WP8.1 or W8.1 update 1. I have reverted back to WP8 and here it works. I posted a thread of this problem on the 8.1 developer preview forum for MSFT. Nobody have spoken up they have a problem so i thought i was alone. I have a L1020 and live in Sweden. I believe the problem is a regional problem that occurs when updating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenneatler