Where do I put my audio files so that they appear in Groove Music? I have a Google pixel android phone but I want the Groove app to be my default music player. I have the files on my phone in my "music" folder but they aren't showing up in Groove. Where do I need to put them?
    01-02-2017 10:41 AM
    It requires a little wizardry and a PC or Mac and a OneDrive account. Here's a youtube tutorial about it. BUT basically you just copy the music files to the OneDrive's Music folder and thew VIOLA the music appears in all your groove devices.....

if I am correct, then you saying that you have been using the groove app on your android device?
    not sure how to do it.

had it been groove on windows phone, wouldn't matter wherever you place the files, groove would identify them with time and they would be there in the app.
    at times it is instant, at times you need to open the app and give it time.
    01-03-2017 04:07 AM
    if I am correct, then you saying that you have been using the groove app on your android device?
    not sure how to do it.

had it been groove on windows phone, wouldn't matter wherever you place the files, groove would identify them with time and they would be there in the app.
    at times it is instant, at times you need to open the app and give it time.
    Yeah it just doesn't seem to work the same on Android. Not sure why. I have my music in my music folder but nothing is happening.
    01-04-2017 08:54 AM
    Is there an option in Groove for Android where you can set where it looks for music files? (like the PC desktop version). If so, that would be where you specify your audio files.
    01-04-2017 09:13 AM
    It requires a little wizardry and a PC or Mac and a OneDrive account. Here's a youtube tutorial about it. BUT basically you just copy the music files to the OneDrive's Music folder and thew VIOLA the music appears in all your groove devices.....

Last edited by pkcable; 01-04-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-04-2017 09:35 AM

you just posted your 300th post. :D

and thanks for the tip. :)
    pkcable likes this.
    01-05-2017 08:18 AM
    you just posted your 300th post. :D

and thanks for the tip. :)
    Yea!!!!! :) I've actually been around for a while. I have a few more posts at CrackBerry.com, iMore.com and Android Central. Those are Windows Central sister sites. :)
    libra89 likes this.
    01-05-2017 10:43 AM
    I'm not looking into playing my music from OneDrive. I can already do that. I want to play my music from my phone locally.
    01-05-2017 11:35 PM
    I'm not looking into playing my music from OneDrive. I can already do that. I want to play my music from my phone locally.
    I don't believe you can do it that way.
    01-05-2017 11:38 PM