11-13-2016 09:35 PM
120 ... 345
tools
    hoeske.jpg
    I recieved the first accessory today: the rugged case....
    08-05-2016 05:17 AM
    ^^^cool! :)
    I remember, way back when, when my 1520 case showed up before I actually got the phone. I was in awe of the case. Ha ha
    Hope your X3 arrives soon.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-05-2016 09:53 AM
    ^^^cool! :)
    I remember, way back when, when my 1520 case showed up before I actually got the phone. I was in awe of the case. Ha ha
    Hope your X3 arrives soon.
    The package was HUGE.

The phone casing
    inside a phone casing box
    inside the HP packaging
    inside the online computer store box.

It didn't even fit in my mailbox anymore, so they left the package with my neigbours. If it wasn't for the weight, they would have thought I had bought a new laptop!
    Last edited by realbart; 08-08-2016 at 02:33 AM.
    08-07-2016 04:55 PM
    I pre-ordered when available in the USA. There was never a doubt that I would. I use the 950XL with RS1...very satisfied. I have the S7 edge and iPhone 6s plus...They're good too....but....I just like the windows phone. My wife moved to an iPhone 6s last year...wants to move back to windows phone.

I'm excited for the new...NON MS device released by a company that is not releasing a device....just because.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-02-2016 12:34 PM
    I have preordered, I AM SO excited. I did not know they were making cases for it already. I had better head on over to Ebay.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:10 AM
    Not me anymore as i have to go with iphone just for one aviation app
    09-03-2016 06:30 PM
    Me. I'm planning on getting one. But, I'm waiting 1-3 months so I can see it running with all its updates and bug fixes. And from what I understand it's not even going to start until sept. 13th. So We got a ways to go to see how the phone gets better over time. I hope so badly they make the camera better or on par with the 950's. Something they might be able to do with updates to the software. I really want this phone, just gotta wait until the its a finished phone with all the bug, issue's and updates are out. I mean I've been using my galaxy s4 scene it came out, sick of it and its dying. And, I don't use any apps for the most part. All the app's I use windows now have. The only other real reason I'm looking to get a new phone besides mine is dying, is to get a larger phone and go back to windows phone. I'm a windows user, I want a windows phone. We got instagram up to date now, all I need is to see if the camera get some upgrades.
    Last edited by TheHeroFromDOOM; 09-10-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    09-10-2016 10:30 AM
    Originally posted by TheHeroFromDOOM
    Me. I'm planning on getting one. But, I'm waiting 1-3 months so I can see it running with all its updates and bug fixes. And from what I understand it's not even going to start until sept. 13th. So We got a ways to go to see how the phone gets better over time. I hope so badly they make the camera better or on par with the 950's. Something they might be able to do with updates to the software. I really want this phone, just gotta wait until the its a finished phone with all the bug, issue's and updates are out. I mean I've been using my galaxy s4 scene it came out, sick of it and its dying. And, I don't use any apps for the most part. All the app's I use windows now have. The only other real reason I looking to get a knew phone besides mine is dying, is to get a larger phone and go back to windows phone. I'm a windows user, I want a windows phone. We got instagram up to date now, all I need is to see if the camera get some upgrades.
    The camera is the only flaw in this phone, and it cant be fixed. Its hardware, not software. But i dont use the camera that much so i'll live with it
    09-10-2016 01:24 PM
    Is the camera really that bad? I mean is it on par with other high end smart phone? Can it get IOS or is that hard ware? I Know windows phones have some of the best smart phone cameras out there, but how does it compare to like the galaxy 7 or the HTC 10, ext. Do you think it will make it to a 950 level or close to it?
    09-10-2016 02:49 PM
    I have Lumia 930 and elite x3. L930 camera is the better one.

And no, you cant get OIS via software.
    RumoredNow and Kevin Rush like this.
    09-10-2016 03:37 PM
    The camera is the only flaw in this phone, and it cant be fixed. Its hardware, not software. But i dont use the camera that much so i'll live with it
    Can you do me a favor? Could you look at the exif from an Elite X3 pic and tell what it lists for Camera Maker and Camera Model?
    09-10-2016 07:23 PM
    So how is the rugged case? I went with the folio case. I was hoping that Otterbox would make one for the X3. Looks like Zagg passed as well.
    Originally posted by realbart

I recieved the first accessory today: the rugged case....
    Last edited by gamo62; 09-10-2016 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Typo
    09-10-2016 09:31 PM
    Just got mines today I exchanged my Lumia 950XL which was over heating crazy thing the woman who was helping me told me that its locked to At&t only even though the sign says unlocked. I pointed that out to her she still insists that its locked and if I unlock it I couldn't return it to the stoe I would have to go through hp, thanks to another rep who corrected her. in the process of updating the phone such a big box WOW.
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    10-14-2016 12:11 PM
    Is the camera really that bad? I mean is it on par with other high end smart phone? Can it get IOS or is that hard ware? I Know windows phones have some of the best smart phone cameras out there, but how does it compare to like the galaxy 7 or the HTC 10, ext. Do you think it will make it to a 950 level or close to it?
    Random samples I took today, no edits: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Camera is fine. It's not up to the standards of Lumia 9xx peeps, but that is literally beside the point for this device.
    10-15-2016 10:24 PM
    Just got mine a few days ago. Aside from a minor issue with WhatsApp (it won't read the QR code, to use with the desktop client), it's been flawless. It's easily one of, if not the, best phones I've ever owned (and I've had a 1520 and all the Galaxy Notes save for the 7). Very happy with my purchase.
    Daniel Rubino and libra89 like this.
    10-16-2016 01:22 AM
    WOW, those pictures are amazing!! For any smart phone those are on the bar with other high end phones. Seems like a lot of people are not having the same luck as you with the camera. Are you doing anything different?
    10-16-2016 10:57 AM
    WOW, those pictures are amazing!! For any smart phone those are on the bar with other high end phones. Seems like a lot of people are not having the same luck as you with the camera. Are you doing anything different?
    Nope. One of those was HDR, the rest are just pointing and shooting with the native app.
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    10-16-2016 12:48 PM
    Just got mines today I exchanged my Lumia 950XL which was over heating crazy thing the woman who was helping me told me that its locked to At&t only even though the sign says unlocked. I pointed that out to her she still insists that its locked and if I unlock it I couldn't return it to the stoe I would have to go through hp, thanks to another rep who corrected her. in the process of updating the phone such a big box WOW.
    What store did you go to? We would already have 3 of them if it was available on the AT&T website, but if we have to buy it elsewhere, it's going to be from Amazon, we'll only be buying 1, and it'll take another month or so to do it.
    11-06-2016 11:35 PM
    I was hell bent on getting this until the Xiaomi Mi Mix came. Now I have a dilemma :) I was able to play with an X3 a little bit yesterday and it was very nice. I'm a little bit concerned with the random reboot and SD card issue as I had those with my 950XL. But I'm leaning towards this than the Mi Mix. For those who already have this for a while, you think it'll last a day without recharging if I only do Viber, Facebook and web browsing?
    11-13-2016 08:43 PM
    I have had it for a week now and the battery lasts a full day with about 30-40% left at 2200.
    I had a small hiccup with the SD card during the initial update, since then it has given me no trouble.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-13-2016 09:35 PM
120 ... 345