10-18-2016 01:23 PM
126 ... 3456
tools
    Ouch, I'll miss that camera button. Microsoft used to require that.
    I think I still would have ordered it, though.
    07-21-2016 03:25 AM
    This will be a problem. Need dual sim plus microSD
    07-21-2016 05:10 AM
    Is there any 📞 with that set up?
    07-21-2016 10:28 PM
    Is there any with that set up?
    950xl
    08-02-2016 07:32 PM
    950xl
    The guy is asking a dual sims and a sd card slot
    08-05-2016 10:31 PM
    The guy is asking a dual sims and a sd card slot
    And the answer is correct, or partially correct. Both the 950 and 950 XL dual SIM support 2 SIM cards + 1 microSD.

08-06-2016 11:11 AM
    And the answer is correct, or partially correct. Both the 950 and 950 XL dual SIM support 2 SIM cards + 1 microSD.

Ah ok. I tought it was either 2 sims or 1 sim and sd card...
    So..one can have 2 sims and sd card
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-06-2016 02:30 PM
    Ah ok. I tought it was either 2 sims or 1 sim and sd card...
    So..one can have 2 sims and sd card
    HP Elite X3, Acer Liquid Jade Primo, Alcatel Idol Pro 4, Coship Moly Pcphone/Moly X1... These are all following the trend of an adaptive tray with two slots. Slot 2 forces the choice between SIM or SD. It also seems to have a correlation with sealed units.

Lumia design is retro in some areas so they have the removable back and 3 separate trays.
    08-06-2016 02:55 PM
    For me to consider this phone:
    1) Add Glance
    2) Add Double Tap to Wake
    3) Release a Dual Sim model with MMC
    08-08-2016 10:35 PM
    I'm confused about the absence of Glance. When you look at your phone, what do you see by way of notifications of activity? Nothing? Or when you hit the power button, do you see notifications on the lock screen?
    08-12-2016 07:43 AM
    I'm confused about the absence of Glance. When you look at your phone, what do you see by way of notifications of activity? Nothing? Or when you hit the power button, do you see notifications on the lock screen?
    Lock Screen notifications are baked into the OS. Phones without Glance that are not Lumia still have this. I've used several.
    08-12-2016 11:57 AM
    Same here. Shouldn't need to choose between a 2nd sim and an sd card.
    08-12-2016 04:19 PM
    1) Add Glance
    Double tap to wake will be there...
    hp-display.jpg
    RumoredNow and CyberAngel777 like this.
    08-15-2016 08:19 AM
    Double tap to wake will be there...
    Thank you! I had pre-ordered this device because of the speakers, larger size (my 950XL is too small) and desk extender. However, I was just wondering if double-tap-to-wake would be present.

Too bad it wont' have Glance Screen. I love that feature, if only for the time and to use the device as a night clock.

The SD card slot I can do without. I
    08-16-2016 04:57 PM
    think of it this way, from an enterprise stand point, with continuum on the device, I could easily see companies deploying this for say roaming sales staff that would travel client to client and may not be able to easily get to a charging point before said device gets low on battery.
    If I was the head of an enterprise, this type of deal would be my major concern and need for having that second battery.
    Now I can easily also see that you deploy a battery pack/bank (however you want to term that device) so said sales staff could plug into that bank and power up phone or other devices.
    With that scenario, I could almost make the case why a sealed battery is better AND carrying the power pack/bank.
    Yes ... maybe you could recharge that power pack from the HP Elite x3 ... ;-)
    10-01-2016 05:02 PM
    1) Add Glance
    2) New Firmware = added DT2W
    10-01-2016 05:04 PM
    Considering this is targeted to enterprise im not sure they considered a dedicated camera button a necessity.
    I completely fail to see the logic. I'm a manager over an IT division in a very large County organization.

I and my staff use the camera all day long. While not a "deal breaker", the lack of camera button is quite discouraging.

Sent from mTalk
    10-01-2016 08:11 PM
    I completely fail to see the logic. I'm a manager over an IT division in a very large County organization.

I and my staff use the camera all day long. While not a "deal breaker", the lack of camera button is quite discouraging.

Sent from mTalk
    While not ideal I do like the lock screen camera button to quick-launch. It really feels like an in-between solution. By comparison, I find launching the iPhone's camera just tedious and cumbersome partially due to the screen rotation feature on the Plus.
    kurtd likes this.
    10-03-2016 10:10 AM

Sent from mTalk
    Yes, its pretty ridiculous. If you take a walk around any enterprise... guess what people use; iPhones and Android phones. All of which are feature-rich. The "aimed at enterprise" argument for removing any and all useful features is ridiculous. They should only be adding features that the enterprise would find useful, not removing features users would find useful when they leave the office.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    10-05-2016 09:19 AM
    Yes, its pretty ridiculous. If you take a walk around any enterprise... guess what people use; iPhones and Android phones. All of which are feature-rich. The "aimed at enterprise" argument for removing any and all useful features is ridiculous. They should only be adding features that the enterprise would find useful, not removing features users would find useful when they leave the office.
    And how much productivity is wasted on FaceTwitSnapPokeGo? You are arguing for what people want, not what their employer wants to see them working on.
    10-06-2016 12:47 PM
    Good luck retaining employees in prison. I would like to hear from a single company that has deployed these devices to any substantial amount of users.
    10-06-2016 12:50 PM
    Good luck retaining employees in prison. I would like to hear from a single company that has deployed these devices to any substantial amount of users.
    I don't have any employees, but I've been one. LOL.

There is always your personal device to waste time on, but if you work in certain types of jobs those are restricted or forbidden for use/carry.

Everyone has an iPhone isn't an argument that it is what the employer wants to see them carry. Many people have a bottle of scotch or could easily buy one, that doesn't mean the employer wants you swilling scotch on the job.
    10-06-2016 12:59 PM
    I tried the 950XL for about two weeks. I am getting almost double the battery life with the X3. I don't feel a need to carry around a spare battery.

I find the lack of a shutter button, that also quickly turns on the camera, disconcerting. So often, on my 1020, I reach into my pocket, press the shutter button as I raise it, then take a quick photo (though 1020's shutter lag makes it not so quick). I'd be happy if there was a quick-camera-access feature on the lock screen, as iPhones have.
    10-18-2016 01:33 AM
    Hi Daniel

How did you enable a lock-screen quick launch? Or do you mean the camera button in the Action Center, accessible by swing down from the top of the lock-screen?
    10-18-2016 01:50 AM
    I'd be happy if there was a quick-camera-access feature on the lock screen, as iPhones have.

There is right on the lock screen. Just press-n-hold. It'll vibrate twice and launch.

press-camera.png
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    10-18-2016 11:36 AM
126 ... 3456