No Sim Inserted!

yadvani

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Was loving my new phone until last night when suddenly the phone started giving me an error of no sim detected. I have tried putting the sim in different slots, tried different sims also tried just the micro sd (different ones too) and nothing seems to be detected.

I thought it was a software issue so did a hard reset (still no sim detected), updated to the latest build using WDRC (still no sim).

loosing my mind. any suggestions and tips

also didnt drop my phone even once!

Thanks again
Yash

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: No Sim Insterted!

Hey Guys,

Was loving my new phone until last night when suddenly the phone started giving me an error of no sim detected. I have tried putting the sim in different slots, tried different sims also tried just the micro sd (different ones too) and nothing seems to be detected.

I thought it was a software issue so did a hard reset (still no sim detected), updated to the latest build using WDRC (still no sim).

loosing my mind. any suggestions and tips

also didnt drop my phone even once!

Thanks again
Yash

did you try the SIM in another phone?
And what about enabling and disabling flight mode? Sometimes that can trigger the SIM to come on

yadvani

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

did you try the SIM in another phone?
And what about enabling and disabling flight mode? Sometimes that can trigger the SIM to come on

Yup had tried doing the flight mode trick before and did once more after you suggested it. Still no luck .

Also sim working fine on other phones..handicapped without my primary phone.

Just checked my radio hardware version and its 1.0, do you have the same?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Yup had tried doing the flight mode trick before and did once more after you suggested it. Still no luck .

Also sim working fine on other phones..handicapped without my primary phone.

Just checked my radio hardware version and its 1.0, do you have the same?

I don't have that phone, not that lucky. I was just giving a general solution

The sim trays are clean or clear of dirt?

Only other thing I can think of is doing a return for service :grincry:

yadvani

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

Solution -

Read somewhere about someone having similar issues with an htc phone. He fixed by putting 2 layers of Scotch Tape on the back of the sim (I tried 1 layer didn't work).

Anyone else face a similar issue, try this step!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Solution -

Read somewhere about someone having similar issues with an htc phone. He fixed by putting 2 layers of Scotch Tape on the back of the sim (I tried 1 layer didn't work).

Anyone else face a similar issue, try this step!

so the trays are not quite tight or the SIMs are too slim?

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I had some trouble installing a microSD card and the SIM in my x3, but once I got the tray back in they worked fine. The SIM is a little loose in its portion of the tray. The SD card was tight and required some force to press it into position.

HP says to use a fingernail under the SIM tray to lever it out of the phone's body, but a nail strong enough to do that is barely able to fit into the leverage position. I have to make cautious use of a small screwdriver tip to loosen it enough to pull it out pinched between thumb and forefinger. Maybe this process will get smoother with repeated removals and insertions.

x3%20SIM_zpsafyes7to.png

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I got an email from HP on the sim card issue, with a set of instructions on the proper installation of the sim card. Nice to see someone is paying attention and being proactive. I haven't even had the issue yet HP prompted me.
[h=2]RESOLUTION[/h][FONT=&quot]To avoid possible damage when inserting the SIM/SD card tray:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
  1. Power the Elite x3 off.
  2. Ensure that the SIM or SD cards are inserted properly into the sockets in the tray; when correct (checkmark) there is a uniform gap around the SIM card.
    imageServlet;jsessionid=E88ECEFAB2771CD70694F1BE326D966B.tomcat6-c2t00712
  3. Place the Elite x3 on a flat surface with the display facing up.
  4. Orient the SIM/SD card tray as shown (check mark). Note that the numbers 1 and 2 are visible when the tray is facing up.
    imageServlet;jsessionid=E88ECEFAB2771CD70694F1BE326D966B.tomcat6-c2t00712
  5. Insert the tray carefully, ensuring that the SIM or SD cards remain in the holder.
    IMPORTANT! If you encounter much resistance while inserting the tray (it should go in easily) stop and double check the orientation of the card tray and the Elite x3 and ensure the cards are properly installed in the slots.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For more information on inserting nano SIM cards and microSD cards: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05194240 .[/FONT]

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
HP says to use a fingernail under the SIM tray to lever it out of the phone's body, but a nail strong enough to do that is barely able to fit into the leverage position. I have to make cautious use of a small screwdriver tip to loosen it enough to pull it out pinched between thumb and forefinger. Maybe this process will get smoother with repeated removals and insertions.

A thin plastic ruler or especially a 1mm or thinner guitar pick (if you have one) is perfect for getting the tray out. I found the easiest way was to push a pick straight into the gap (at about a 45 degree angle from the tray), and the tray slides out easily.
I've been trying a few objects to see if there are any more common objects, but the gap is so thin that you need something with a sharp edge. A screwdriver would work, but you have to be careful not to scratch the device or your fingers with it.

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
A thin plastic ruler or especially a 1mm or thinner guitar pick (if you have one) is perfect for getting the tray out. I found the easiest way was to push a pick straight into the gap (at about a 45 degree angle from the tray), and the tray slides out easily.
I've been trying a few objects to see if there are any more common objects, but the gap is so thin that you need something with a sharp edge. A screwdriver would work, but you have to be careful not to scratch the device or your fingers with it.

Guitar picks are a great idea. Thanks for mentioning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon