Screen in sunlight better after new update? (380 nits to 550 nits)

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Did the update make big change from the 380 nits screen to 550 nits screen? Is it better now in the sun light? The reviews coming out about this phone keep getting better and better but still want to ask you people who own it.

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes, much improved. Previously when I tried to take photos in bright light it was almost impossible to frame an image correctly on the poorly illuminated screen. Now the screen image is bright enough to let me recognize what the camera will capture. In open shade the screen is a pleasure to work with..

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Don't recall there being an issue. However I'm usually treating my phone outside only when walking my dog, which is early morning or night.

Sent from mTalk

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
From my POV it is all fine. A minor issue is, that during the day it tends to bee to dim and during the night it is too bright. So I keep adjusting to 75% during the day and 25% during the night. Not a biggie, but the 950XL was fine at 75%. Bright during the day and dim enough during the night.

HP should work on the steepness of the brightness curve - i would like it a little steeper, starting lower and ending higher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2