A New Verizon version of the HP Elite X3 is coming in Mid-October

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That is a bit odd. Did you have to reboot too?
On Verizon. If you change or update the APN/Carrier network settings, it seems the magic happens after a reboot. Much like other carriers, but in Verizon's case it seems to be a requirement. Even if you swap sim cards.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
On a side note, I switched back to AT&T last week...I was unable to get HD voice to operate on my X3. That is not the only reason I moved back though... It provisions to my account as a add on, but when I activated my phone to my account the HD Voice Access billing option dropped from my account. Meaning Verizon does not support this model for that feature. This was the same for the GSM unlocked model that was AT&T certified. The lumia 735 supported HD voice and HD voice access was on my account due to that phone. Anyone get HD voice to operate yet on the VZ elite x3?

I have more than several Windows phones...I tend to use one for a bit and switch it out or rotate between them (X3, 950 XL, 1520, IDOL 4s etc..). On GSM networks it is easy to use multiple phones with the same features since there are more to choose from. Where I live, VZ and AT&T are about the same in coverage except in hard to reach areas which are few. It sounds petty, but without getting into to much detail I actually rely on HD voice personally for most of my phone calls. I then found myself yearning for my 950 XL with HD voice back on AT&T. With that and the IDOL 4s I am able to get HD voice on that network just fine. Plus since I have so many GSM windows phones currently, and was unable to sell them I decided it best to stay back on AT&T. Might need a therapist in the future ;-)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
On a side note, I switched back to AT&T last week...I was unable to get HD voice to operate on my X3. That is not the only reason I moved back though... It provisions to my account as a add on, but when I activated my phone to my account the HD Voice Access billing option dropped from my account. Meaning Verizon does not support this model for that feature. This was the same for the GSM unlocked model that was AT&T certified. The lumia 735 supported HD voice and HD voice access was on my account due to that phone. Anyone get HD voice to operate yet on the VZ elite x3?

I have more than several Windows phones...I tend to use one for a bit and switch it out or rotate between them (X3, 950 XL, 1520, IDOL 4s etc..). On GSM networks it is easy to use multiple phones with the same features since there are more to choose from. Where I live, VZ and AT&T are about the same in coverage except in hard to reach areas which are few. It sounds petty, but without getting into to much detail I actually rely on HD voice personally for most of my phone calls. I then found myself yearning for my 950 XL with HD voice back on AT&T. With that and the IDOL 4s I am able to get HD voice on that network just fine. Plus since I have so many GSM windows phones currently, and was unable to sell them I decided it best to stay back on AT&T. Might need a therapist in the future ;-)
If you find a good therapist make sure you inquire about group discounts. You're not alone young man, you're not alone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That's the gsm product code.

The specs list as:
Model
Brand
HP
Model
ELITE X3
Part Number
X5V47AA#ABA

Last edited:

drn007

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been watching this thread. I went (back) to Android on an S8 earlier this year after having my Lumia Icon. Did not like the Android and gave the S8 to my wife and activated the Icon recently. I decided to look into the Elite x3 and see the price on Microsoft went to $799. Not happening for me at that price. I was hoping for a holiday sale!

bjones0821

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I've been watching this thread. I went (back) to Android on an S8 earlier this year after having my Lumia Icon. Did not like the Android and gave the S8 to my wife and activated the Icon recently. I decided to look into the Elite x3 and see the price on Microsoft went to $799. Not happening for me at that price. I was hoping for a holiday sale!

You have to select the 799 priced HP and when you go to the page for it, it gives you a selection for GSM Unlocked 799, or Verizon No Contract 599.

Edit: Scratch that, the sale price is gone.

P.S., They also now have the Note 8 and Razer Phone on the Microsoft store, the first 3 phones listed are Android, then the Elite X3, and that fills the first row for me and I almost missed the other Windows Phones listed.

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
P.S., They also now have the Note 8 and Razer Phone on the Microsoft store, the first 3 phones listed are Android, then the Elite X3, and that fills the first row for me and I almost missed the other Windows Phones listed.

Ya, the three Sammy phones, Razer, the HP, and Idol 4s are there. They all shadow over Acers setup. The IDOL 4s is suppose to go on sale for like 140 over black Friday...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It is listed now for 499 on Microsoft's site. Is that a Black Friday deal pending? Still shows out of stock...

EDIT: Nevermind, must have been a glitch showing in stock now...order it while you can if you want the 499 deal! EDIT 2: Hmm it shows out of stock yet again. But available for in store purchase locally. Weird.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes