Hey everyone!

Quick question. When I preordered my 8X on Verizon, it mentioned "Embedded SIM." This is different from, say, the DFILLSIM3FF-A SIM in the Nokia 822. I just realized that without a removable battery cover, how does one access the SIM? Is it a pop out tray similar to an iPhone or is it really embedded?
    11-12-2012 06:03 AM
    Not sure about the Verizon version as it has a wireless charging back from what I've heard.

The UK model has a similar pop out tray to the iPhone.
    11-12-2012 08:23 AM
    As far as I know Verizon actually does sell phones with their SIMs embedded (soldered in). By just looking at the wikipedia page it appears that the default 8X is not CDMA compatible and given that Verizon also exclusively has the wireless charging I think it's a good bet that integrated really means integrated.
    11-12-2012 10:29 AM
    Check the page for the VZW 8X, under "In the Box" it lists a SIM tray removal tool. So it's removable.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=6111

Does Verizon really sell phones with non-removable SIMs? The only world phone that I've had on Verizon is the Trophy, and that has a removable SIM.
    11-12-2012 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD