HTC already addressing QC of 8X?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered my back 8x on 12/11 and picked it up on 12/17. The first thing I noticed is that the texture of the phone seems different than the other devices I've played with (in 3 Verizon stores, 2 Best Buys, a Radio Shack and an AT&T store). It is less rubberized...it seems smoother and appears as if it would be less susceptible to rubbing off.

I compared it to the model that was in the store and I could definitely tell the difference. I wonder if HTC has already begun changing the soft touch coating itself and/or the way it is applied? It could all be in my head, but I don't think so. I put the phone in a case immediately and have NO desire to take it out, but I will keep you posted.

Also, I have downloaded no updates but my device always stays connected to WiFi and the battery has been as good as my iPhone 4, right out of the box.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how to take screen shots on this phone. It's also difficult to post on this site...I click in the comment box, the keyboard pops up and then immediately closes.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You can take a screenshot of anything on your phone by pressing the "Sleep/Power" and the "Windows/Home" button at the same time.

If you don't mind, instead of a picture, could you just tell us what "Hardware Revision Number" your phone is?

Enamul Haque

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this helps at all. I don't know if my phone is any different from the original version when it came out but my hardware revision is set to 0002. After 2 weeks of use my 8x doesn't seem to have the problem where the coating is coming off or getting stained. Is 0002 the latest one or do we have later revisions too ?

You can take a screenshot of anything on your phone by pressing the "Sleep/Power" and the "Windows/Home" button at the same time.

If you don't mind, instead of a picture, could you just tell us what "Hardware Revision Number" your phone is?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the delay...I am on my laptop now. I can't post on this site from my 8x...the keyboard pops up and immediately closes when I put the cursor in the text box.

Here is the information on my device:

OS Version: 8.0.9905.12
Firmware Revision Number: 1532.20.10110.605
Hardware Revision Number: 0002
Radio Software Version: 0.17.50.1025
Radio Hardware Version: 2.126.3.D4
Boatloader Version: 0.0.1532.20(157404)
Chip SOC Version: 8960

I have had this device (8x black) for almost exactly 48 hours. I took it off the charger fully charged at 9 am. As of 5:30 pm it is down to 29% battery according to the batter status app I installed last evening. I have been using the phone most of the day...about 3-4, 10-minute calls, quite a bit of facebooking and web browsing, a few texts, played Angry Birds for about 15 minutes, took a few photos, etc. Not heavy usage, but typical for me...the battery has not been bad today but I am hopeful that it calibrates over the coming days/weeks and I have more batter power left by the end of the day.

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the delay...I am on my laptop now. I can't post on this site from my 8x...the keyboard pops up and immediately closes when I put the cursor in the text box.

Here is the information on my device:

OS Version: 8.0.9905.12
Firmware Revision Number: 1532.20.10110.605
Hardware Revision Number: 0002
Radio Software Version: 0.17.50.1025
Radio Hardware Version: 2.126.3.D4
Boatloader Version: 0.0.1532.20(157404)
Chip SOC Version: 8960

I have had this device (8x black) for almost exactly 48 hours. I took it off the charger fully charged at 9 am. As of 5:30 pm it is down to 29% battery according to the batter status app I installed last evening. I have been using the phone most of the day...about 3-4, 10-minute calls, quite a bit of facebooking and web browsing, a few texts, played Angry Birds for about 15 minutes, took a few photos, etc. Not heavy usage, but typical for me...the battery has not been bad today but I am hopeful that it calibrates over the coming days/weeks and I have more batter power left by the end of the day.

it will. Improves daily for me.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and here's my petty, OCD observation of my phone: When the home button is illuminated, the top-2 boxes of the Windows symbol are slightly less illuminated than the bottom-2 boxes...just slightly.

I know...I'm OCD.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just picked mine up from T-mobile yesterday, and am also Rev. 0003. Also when I asked on the T-mobile site if anyone has had discoloring issues with their 8X, no one seem to have, or at least no one has posted that they have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon