Group Text Verizon

DrummerJDM

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure you as well as everyone else would agree if they would just release a statement as to why this was removed we would feel a lot better.

DrummerJDM

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I had a thought today. I believe that the HTC 8X is Unlocked on Verizon. If someone could extract their Messaging.xap from an AT&T or T Mobile phone maybe we could sideload this onto the Verizon Phone which would allow us to group text since it is the app. I could be wrong though since messaging may be embedded into WP8.

toddro6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had a thought today. I believe that the HTC 8X is Unlocked on Verizon. If someone could extract their Messaging.xap from an AT&T or T Mobile phone maybe we could sideload this onto the Verizon Phone which would allow us to group text since it is the app. I could be wrong though since messaging may be embedded into WP8.

oh man, I wish I knew how to do that. That would be sweet.

DrummerJDM

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
Just an update. I just called HTC and Verizon. HTC confirmed that Verizon wanted this feature removed from their phones. I then called Verizon and talked to Tech Support who informed me that this issue has been brought to their attention and that there are internal forms and discussions going on on releasing an update that adds this feature back. Unfortunately she could not provide me with when this update will be released. I'm not sure if this was just a ploy to get me off the phone but it sounded like a lot of people have called in and Verizon is getting to the point where they can no longer ignore this issue. Maybe if more people call in the fix will come sooner.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
But android phones like the GS3 and Note2 on VZW have it. Just sent out a text with multiple people and they are seeing replies from everyone. Soo annoying!

frishmans92

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
This was almost a deal breaker for me. The first two weeks of owning the phone I almost took it back. Now i've gotten used to it. However, when I called Verizon to have them switch the phone (the corners were peeling off), I asked about the update. The person on the phone said their current timeline shows a May update for us. And apparently Microsoft flagged this as a "major bug" that needs addressing. While I take what these guys say with a grain of salt, I do feel 40% confident in his response, considering he was at least a tier-2 support person. Time will tell...at least we're finally getting better apps.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to let you know, you may think you're replying to one person but you are not. Everyone included on the group text will receive your replies.

I agree. I got a group text from a coworker and then got a couple individual texts from the other recipients as they replied to the sender.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
That's the only thing stopping me from switching to vzw... the only solution I have heard of is something like groupme, but that's obviously not the same... I'm not about to convince everyone I know to switch from normal texting to groupme.

They dont have to use it. They use their regular text app. We just use the group me app. It actually works well. I would still prefer group messaging on my phone, but until it happens, Groupme is the way to go.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I have an 822 on Vzn, but try this. Go to into your People Hub. Swipe to the right (left side of the "All" listing). Do you see Groups listed? This is where I set up my group texting. I can group text to all sorts of different phone OS's.

Not the same thing. Yes we can send mass texts, which is what ur referring to. But group texts, where all replies from all recipients fall in the same thread, is gone. Can't be done on VZW.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
So I have heard GroupMe will allow you to receive group messages but I have no idea how it works. Are there any other alternative apps out there?

its actually pretty easy. Just use the app to send a group text. The app has access to ur phone book. The recipients receive it as a regular text. One cool thing is if u only have an email for a contact and not a number, u can still add them to the group and they will receive the message as an email. Its a cool app, but I'd still like group messaging on my phone. Its actually the easiest app of its kind to use. Kik and What'sapp, people need to be using the app for it to work. Groupme they don't.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
its actually pretty easy. Just use the app to send a group text. The app has access to ur phone book. The recipients receive it as a regular text. One cool thing is if u only have an email for a contact and not a number, u can still add them to the group and they will receive the message as an email. Its a cool app, but I'd still like group messaging on my phone. Its actually the easiest app of its kind to use. Kik and What'sapp, people need to be using the app for it to work. Groupme they don't.

Groupme sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.

toddro6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
hopefully earlier in the month rather than later. It is starting to get nice out and my friends are all about group texts in the spring and summer. I feel left out and confused when I get in on one though.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
FYI on groupme, I'm pretty sure there is no way to delete the messages in the app. So if you have something to hide I'd not use it. I don't but you might!

DrummerJDM

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
This thread can now be put out to the pasture. The update that is pushing out now known as GDR2 includes Group Text. This issue was actually resolved by Verizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes