Question about 8x for Verizon users....

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
After my mother was playing with my 920 last weekend she decided she'd like to get a windows phone and asked about it for Verizon, the local dealer has an 822 and the 8x but she is not eligible for an upgrade so she has asked me to find her one. Many for sale new on ebay in the $350 range but is it something I can set-up as her phone, swapping sim cards like I do with my at&t stuff?

I've never worked with Verizon's stuff so I have no idea whats involved or if I can swap her phone myself without have to go to Verizon.

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Searching I found the answer I was looking for, for future reference if anyone is looking at this thread, it appears I can just swap the sim card.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Besides the 4g sim card. The Verizon phones don't have a sim. Just buy one in eBay and u can swap out her old phone for the new one, either urself online, or call them. U can even take it in to a store. Takes 5 minutes. But there's no removable sim card to swap, like AT&T.

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Besides the 4g sim card. The Verizon phones don't have a sim. Just buy one in eBay and u can swap out her old phone for the new one, either urself online, or call them. U can even take it in to a store. Takes 5 minutes. But there's no removable sim card to swap, like AT&T.

All Verizon LTE phones have SIMs.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
you're missing the point. If he wants to swap it so all her info switches over, and her older phone is not 4g, its not gonna happen. There's nothing to take out of the older phone to put in the new one. If she doesn't mind starting from scratch, then no prob. Just activate the 4g SIM on her number and manually restore her info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk