I was walking up the stairs, and my dog jumped up on me and knocked my phone out of my hand. It fell down the whole staircase.

I was surprised that the screen was still in one piece, but the volume button was dented so I couldn't ad just the volume.

Question: Is there any way to change the volume without the button?

Q2: Will HTC fix this?
    06-02-2013 07:28 AM
    I was walking up the stairs, and my dog jumped up on me and knocked my phone out of my hand. It fell down the whole staircase.

I was surprised that the screen was still in one piece, but the volume button was dented so I couldn't ad just the volume.

Question: Is there any way to change the volume without the button?

Q2: Will HTC fix this?
    !) The only way to change volume is by using the button.

2) Manufacturers warranties do not cover accidental damage. If you have phone insurance then this would be covered under the policy otherwise you will have to pay for the repair yourself.
    06-02-2013 07:54 AM
    If you have insurance, you may be covered. But if not, another thought, if you're technically inclined, would be to look on ebay for a phone with a cracked screen but otherwise works, and take the screen from yours and put in it. That may even be cheaper than using insurance, depending on what you get it for vs what the deductible is on your insurance.
    06-02-2013 08:23 AM
    or you could contact a local store (or even HTC) and ask what a replacement would cost, or search the web if it's easy to replace.
    06-02-2013 12:45 PM