Possible explanation of 8X brick while playing music

akulgupta100

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok here is a possible explanation..

When i was on gdr1 , my phone went into a similar state as so many posts in the forum.. It was dead , all i could do was charge it but pressing the power button did nothing

What i tried
Connecting to PC ,my tv charger , long pressing power volume down etc .. Nothing worked for me

Then i just decided to pull my sim out and put it back in. When i pressed the power button after that, my phone sprang to life !

Just before my phone went dead , I saw a my music output went dead and beats refused to turn on even on headphone

Possible Reason
A bug in beats audio..

Just next day , the store showed me an update for beats.. I am,facing no issues after the update

So htc has actually fixed the bug but apparently many of you didn't receive the update for beats audio, regularly and attentive phone

TO Receive The Update For Beats (In case you didn't get it)

Visit the following links and update all 2 manually

Beats Audio | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

attentive phone | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

This should fix all music related issues you are facing on your 8X

Enjoy !

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I think it's impossible for a software to brick a phone.

I wouldn't say that in this case, due to the fact that it is an OEM app we're talking about here. OEMs have more access to the device than regular devs do, so there is a very good chance that they could do something to brick the devices.

akulgupta100

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Oem apps have almost full access to the file system and the other apis like audio etc unlike 3rd party apps

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3