Phone has got water damage. Please help!

ashwin737

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Last month , a glass of water fell onto my phonee. I immediately blew into the holes on the phone ( headphone jack and charger port) and water came out of the other sides. Kept the phone in a rice bag for 2 days and took it out. Now the thing is, the phone works fine and there are absolutely no problems with the touch screen.

The problem what i am facing is, i can see water marks on the screen, like bubbles , here and there. What needs to be done now? Please advise. Thank you.

Last edited:

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
If they are under the screen I don't think you can do much about it :unhappy:

This exact thing happened to me. I ended up using one of my accounts upgrade to get another one. It is possible to heat the screen with a blow dryer and lift it out to clean, but I wouldn't do it with my only phone. I'll mess around with the damaged one tonight to see if I can get rid of the liquid behind the screen or not.

It makes an odd 3D effect, right? Fake depth I guess.

guyjkh

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Got on youtube, see video of dissassembly your Lumia by someone named LE55ONS. He is awesome. Watch how to remove the screen part and then when you do it, go for a hair dryer to remove any water trace. Let us know how it goes and good luck.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Throw it in a sealed bag of rice for a day or so, if you can, at least overnight. The rice will "wick" the moisture out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes