Soon to be 8X owner

Phone Enthusiast

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm a current Note 2 owner, but I found a att 8x for $75 in good shape and couldn't pass on the chance to try WP8. I hope I won't be disappointed! in the past, I owned a Focus on WP7 but was not content with that. Is there anything you current 8X owners feel I should be aware of going in? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm a HTC 8X owner and believe me, it's a fantastic device. I love it and have 0 problems with it. Just battery is smaller than a nokia.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
That is a good question. I don't own an 8x so I can't say for sure but what I have read is that apps installed before the upgrade stay on the phone

Sent from my Bambo and Orange Moto X

Phone Enthusiast

May 25, 2014
Visit site
That is a good question. I don't own an 8x so I can't say for sure but what I have read is that apps installed before the upgrade stay on the phone

Ok, thanks! Lol, I look forward to having a phone I can use one handed again. Btw, my wife has a Moto X also and loves it.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks! Lol, I look forward to having a phone I can use one handed again. Btw, my wife has a Moto X also and loves it.

It's one of my only options on Verizon. I cannot stand the skins put on Android. I have a Samsung tablet and touchwiz makes it awful to use with only 1gb of RAM.

I do like the moto x. It's awesome because if you put 3 moto x's next to each other they'll all look different.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I had an 8x. It can be the best Windows phone of the time it came out, it is still a very good option. You should do the camera settings (manual) perfectly, otherwise you will not be satisfied with the quality at first shots. Front camera might be the best of all times, I still miss it. BTW there can be discoloration on the edges, that is the only thing I hate about the device.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!!

Hope that 8X performs well for you. From what I have seen, it will be a fine first WP. I actually think it's design is among the best ever on a phone. Not just a WP, but phones, period. Love the way it feels in hand, and it is a fantastic looking phone. So, at least you know you will LOOK good.

And, it is all about how you look. :cool:

nikolas13

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I had an 8x. It can be the best Windows phone of the time it came out, it is still a very good option. You should do the camera settings (manual) perfectly, otherwise you will not be satisfied with the quality at first shots. Front camera might be the best of all times, I still miss it. BTW there can be discoloration on the edges, that is the only thing I hate about the device.

tell me something more about cameras settings

Phone Enthusiast

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I was considering the Lumia 520, but seen the 8x for $75 and figured it'd be a much better buy to start wp8 with for now. The Lumia 920 was just out of my price range, and wasn't impressed with the weight and size of it either.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I was considering the Lumia 520, but seen the 8x for $75 and figured it'd be a much better buy to start wp8 with for now. The Lumia 920 was just out of my price range, and wasn't impressed with the weight and size of it either.

I've never had luck choosing phones based in size, weight, or price. Features, that's why Nokia phones are popular.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have an 8X, and cant wait to upgrade to a Lumia 1520.

The main problem I have had with my 8X has been with WiFi and Cellular.
Sometimes it wont automatically connect to WiFi when it should.
I have had issues where people have been trying to contact me all day but I received no communication from them until they saw me in person and I had to restart the phone and receive a wave of missed calls and texts.
It regularly slows down or hangs when opening apps. (This happened even before 8.1)
Watching videos in IE can cause it to crash and fill the screen with multi-coloured pixels, requires a reset. (This may be an 8.1 issue.)
Battery life is bad.. so bad. It can last a day without using it for more than checking texts or calls, anything more intense than this.. forget it. This kind of defeats the purpose of a smartphone imo.
The body of the phone has faded to black from blue on the corners and edges. This started happening approximately three months from new and just keeps getting worse.
Camera isn't that great.
HTC apps suck, Nokia's apps are far better.

Some of these issues, specifically the WiFi / cellular ones may be exclusive to me and some are exclusive to the OS not the phone.
Nokia's are "The" Windows Phones and I cant wait to get one.

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Actually, Yes. I suggest you wait. The HTC clock app will stop, too.

I have an 8x on Verizon. PM me if you have any questions.
I have a TMo USA 8x and I say Beats works fine with 8.1, but the HTC clock does not update properly.

Because TMo didn't release GDR 3, and I never found a way to get it on there, 8.1 preview was the way to go for me.

I've had my 8x for a couple of months and still love how sleek it looks in blue. Far nicer looking than my Lumia 810...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3