HTC 8x WP8.1 developers preview

Drusstw

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

has anyone installed wp8.1 preview on the 8x? just wanna know if you've experienced any serious problems or if all is hunky dory??

thanks

jorgejlt

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
It's running ok for me in Spain. No serious problem by now. Waiting for HTC firmware update. Glad
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Drusstw

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
no serious problems... but are there small problems?

i read that there are some drivers that will only be available when htc releases official version... so im a bit worried. also read that it bricked up someone's 8x... :(

Drusstw

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
update: I did the update, and all is well! except for the cortana feature... i'm outside the U.S... guess i'll just have to wait.
also, i think the music player is slightly buggy in that the transition between tracks isn't very smooth. like, before the next song is played, the last second of the previous track is played

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been running 8.1 for a while on mine (US) and everything is working well. Better in fact - and even better than it runs on the Icon. The Icon suffers from a wakeup delay. The 8x does not. So while putting 8.1 on the 8x takes a while, it's very definitely worth it. Even Cortana works well.

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I should rephrase my original quote, I have not been able to use the HTC app, to the point I have actually taken it off my start screen. The clock won't update correctly on the tile and I gave up on HTC's canned responses (i.e. ask Microsoft). Most major vendors know how to update their apps, HTC obviously doesn't and doesn't really seem to care, once again, my opinion.

HTC are you listening, my bet, NO!

Otherwise 8.1 has been a pleasure.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I too have been running 8.1 on my 8x with zero issues. When I first started I didn't use Cortana but recently I have used her a lot.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine has also been working fine, better in fact. My 8x used to stutter when waking up the phone and going to an app but now it doesn't, the only things that don't work is the crappy htc apps but why should anyone care about them because they don't CLEARLY!!! well only 1 day left running it as I'm off to my new 930 tom sorry HTC but to little to late!!!!

CMan1980

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
My HTC 8x is now on continuous reboot loop after doing 8.1 dev preview update. Still trying to fix it. Mine is AT&T version..

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
WP8.1 dev preview was super for my phone. The last update, though made the phone a little sluggish.

Any ideas when the HTC firmware will be released? I haven't seen any reliable news. I would prefer to wait for it, before I do a hard reset.

Zahid

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The HTC live tile and lock screen don't work on my 8X with the dev preview either. But I am excited to see that Bluetooth 4.0LE seems to work out of the box ... my Fitbit Force synchs to the Fitbit app :)

Sadangelman

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
But I am excited to see that Bluetooth 4.0LE seems to work out of the box ... my Fitbit Force synchs to the Fitbit app :)

Are you sure you have Bluetooth 4.0LE. I have an 8x as well & according to a few system information apps I downloaded, my 8x show that it only has Bluetooth 3.1 on it.

Also the HTC website says that the 8x only has Bluetooth 3.1 & an article I saw here on WPCentral awhile ago said that the 8x had just gotten official Bluetooth 4.0 certification so we will need the firmware update that comes with windows phone 8.1 to enable Bluetooth 4.0LE

Drusstw

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
don't know about everyone... but i found the battery life isn't as good as it was on wp8. i'm gonna wait for an update that fixes that issue and until then im gonna stick with my android phone...

TheHusky

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Works perfectly, i had minor issues with Micro SD issues two days ago but i don't know if they were OS based.

Pretty much my phone was like: your MicroSD is damaged, you can't use any apps until we fix this. Want to fix it? I pressed no and all apps were working. I pressed Yes and nothing was happening. I pressed Yes again at some later point, it was looking for an error, finished, and everything is fine after.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes