Constantly 'no services icon is on

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
My 8x on Verizon (running 8.1DP) has begun constantly telling me that I have no service. It began very suddenly one day about 2 weeks ago, and wasn't after any update. Sometimes I have LTE without cellular and sometimes neither. A lot of the time my phone still works despite this, but often it doesn't. And then even when it does say I have service my texts sometimes fail to send.

How can I fix this? Does anyone else experience this? Would a hard reset help? Or going back to wp8 (if that's possible)?

Thanks!

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
This sounds more like a Verizon issue than a phone issue. Are you in an area where you received consistently good service in the past? And have you checked with Verizon to see if they have been having any service issues in your area?

You can check current Verizon system status here: Verizon Online - System Status

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I've spoken to other Verizon users in my area and they don't have the problem. There is another Verizon 8x in my house which doesn't have the same problem. The first day(s) I thought it was Verizon but its too ongoing and random. I can be in my lounge and have service and without moving suddenly have none. Even posting this it says I have no service but evidently do as I'm using data!

BrotherTheodore

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Verizon 8X. It started on 8/23. I travel 30 mins to work and it doesn't effect the issue. I can be in one place and have full bars and data, then look down a minute later and NO SERVICE. Spoke with Verizon and all they could suggest was to "go stand in an open area". What a joke. I've tried limiting data speed within settings. I've tried manually searching for networks (no network found). I've tried putting phone in airplane mode for a period of time then bringing it back. Nothing helps.

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Yup nothing helped. I was on the phone w Verizon tech support for an hour and they didn't do anything that helped. I managed to get them to agree to an early upgrade instead and am have no issues on my new M8.

JHunsaker

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
This has been happening to me a lot lately too. Started after getting the 8.1 update, but has been getting worse recently. Also, get an error message saying can't send message when trying to send texts. This also seems to be happening a lot more lately. Starting to get really tired of these issues and am really hoping the Lumia phones don't have these same problems or I might have to think about switching to another ecosystem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes