Will I get updates? HTC 8X

DanielHerrera_8

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi, my name is daniel, from Venezuela and have a HTC 8X verizon unlockable version, want to know if i gonna have the update too? Before the update, I installed de preview for developers.

Hope your answers.

Thanks.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Don't to install Preview for Developers app, instead, you have to install the Windows Insider app, then sign up for the Insider program. After that, you'll be able to get the Windows 10 preview updates when they're available.
I'm not sure if the HTC 8X will get the official Windows 10, though, it depends on the carrier. Anyway, prepare for the preview updates first.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You will probably be able to use the unofficial testing updates through Windows Insider, like the Preview program. But I fear it will be the only option you have.

But I'm doubting HTC will tailor an official Windows 10 build for your phone, the 8X. And if they do, I'm not so sure Verizon will push it in a timely manner anyway.
(Considering the 8S has been left behind)

DanielHerrera_8

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
You will probably be able to use the unofficial testing updates through Windows Insider, like the Preview program. But I fear it will be the only option you have.

But I'm doubting HTC will tailor an official Windows 10 build for your phone, the 8X. And if they do, I'm not so sure Verizon will push it in a timely manner anyway.
(Considering the 8S has been left behind)

Thanks for that, but want to know if I will have the 8.1 update which has recently come to htc 8x.
I uncheck the enable box in de preview for developers app and nothing happened

DanielHerrera_8

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Don't to install Preview for Developers app, instead, you have to install the Windows Insider app, then sign up for the Insider program. After that, you'll be able to get the Windows 10 preview updates when they're available.
I'm not sure if the HTC 8X will get the official Windows 10, though, it depends on the carrier. Anyway, prepare for the preview updates first.

Thanks for the answer but want to know if I gonna have the recently update for the HTC 8X :)

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the answer but want to know if I gonna have the recently update for the HTC 8X :)

Erm... The 8X's hardware is still more than enough to run Windows 10, and previews updates don't depend on carriers, so this is Microsoft's end. Considering that even the low-end Lumia's are going to get the update, I'm pretty sure the 8X won't be left behind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes