HTC 8x won't get Windows 10. [Speculative]

altinselimi

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
To my understanding this forum post is about whether windows 10 is going to be available for htc 8x, but in contrary it's flooded with comments on how to reset/bugs of incorrect w10 update. I would very much appreciate if you guys could stop spamming here and create a new post on how to recover or whatever u guys need. Stick to the title.

Grimmush

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
So did the conversation on this subject (the broken 8x updated to win10 issue and restoring them back) just stopped, or was it moved in another thread?

Mike deTomaso

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
My 8X on Verizon restored fine including the Verizon apps and even the updated the firmware to the newest . So the question remains if the 8X will get 10 update later this year.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
No idea. Think everyone managed to get their phone restored back to normal 😊

I believe so, but the next problem is we can't update to 8.10.14219.341 OS version which is the latest we need to update to Windows 10.
WDRT files seems like they are broken. Participating in PFD program or Windows insider, phone shows that there is an update to .341 available but we are getting and error "update was downloaded but couldn't be opened".
So, when we manage to get .341 we may get Windows 10 update.. And if not we are staying on 8.1.

Mike deTomaso

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I believe so, but the next problem is we can't update to 8.10.14219.341 OS version which is the latest we need to update to Windows 10.
WDRT files seems like they are broken. Participating in PFD program or Windows insider, phone shows that there is an update to .341 available but we are getting and error "update was downloaded but couldn't be opened".
So, when we manage to get .341 we may get Windows 10 update.. And if not we are staying on 8.1.

After getting my US Verizon 8X recovered back to 8.1 Rom 3030.0.52009.605 and OS 8.10.14203.306 using WDRT I gave up on it and gave it to my wife and got a Lumia 735 that is on Microsoft's advertised list to get Window 10.

Alex Jong

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
After getting my US Verizon 8X recovered back to 8.1 Rom 3030.0.52009.605 and OS 8.10.14203.306 using WDRT I gave up on it and gave it to my wife and got a Lumia 735 that is on Microsoft's advertised list to get Window 10.

Well all Microsoft needs to fix on the HTC is the screen resolution and constant reboot. If they can figure that out, I don't see why the phone can't be updated. Anyhow like you, my wife got rid of her S4 and loved the 8x I gave her while I gotten myself the 640 xl. Maybe I'll get her the 950 once it releases here.

Radu G

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I just wish i could get back to my unbranded original rom. Now I'm stuck with that russian one and WPRT don't recognize any other...

Hello Joao did you manage to solve this matter? I am in the same situation as you are, stuck with the Russian/ yandex rom and not being able to go back to my original unbranded EU/UK rom.

Joao Silva2

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello Joao did you manage to solve this matter? I am in the same situation as you are, stuck with the Russian/ yandex rom and not being able to go back to my original unbranded EU/UK rom.

Hello sir,

I didn't managed to solve the problem. I'm still stuck on the russian rom and to be honest I don't have any hope for this to get solved.
Post something if you have any news about this.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: original thread title topic: 'HTC 8x won't get Windows 10'
Re:
Just got confirmation from a Microsoft employee that there is no plan to make w10 available to our phones.

Interesting article + chart up at AAWP by Steve Litchfield which covers the prospects for which phones "shoulda/woulda/coulda' get updated to WM10
When will my Windows phone get upgraded to W10 Mobile?

Steve Litchfield writes that AAWP will keep the chart updated, so this could be helpful for the HTC 8x owners(plus others) while we wait for our pizza.
Info(speced/best guess) from chart relating specifically to the HTC 8x
-----------------------------
Update type/date for Windows 10 Mobile: Over the air update starting Feb 2016
User data and applications preserved?: Yes
Phone models: Lumia 520, 525, 620, 625, 630, 635, 720, 820, 920, 925, 1020, 1320, 1520, Icon, HTC 8X

It's unlikely that we'll see networks hold up Windows 10 Mobile unduly. The company has already said:
?Microsoft is working closely with mobile operators to leverage their testing and our flighting to meet and exceed current quality bars. We will use their input but will decide when to send the updates out, based on input from Mobile Operators and our Windows Insiders"
--------------------------------

So this might end up being a race between my non-replaceable battery's life and the pizza delivery man. Want to add that cold pizza is not my first choice by any means...especially via delivery....jus say'in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes