Why am I all of a sudden un-able to receive picture messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer Sweeney

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
[Solved] Get Media Content Now

all of a sudden I cannot receive text pictures. I have an HTC 8XT and when someone sends a pic it says Get Media Content Now but when you click it - nothing. driving me nuts as it tries to resend the pic over and over and over again. I have tried turning off wifi, making sure data connection in on cellular, loaded all new updates, etc. nothing works. please help.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
re: [Solved] Get Media Content Now

What carrier do you have? Are you using an 8X that was originally branded to your carrier, or are you using an unlocked 8X with a different carrier?

What carrier(s) do your friends use? Do they have the same carrier as you or different carriers?

What format are the files that your friends are sending you?

Jennifer Sweeney

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

I am on Sprint. the phone was issued by Sprint. I haven't contacted them yet because I keep trying everyone's suggestions. I will call in the morning. My friends are all on different carriers but the majority are Sprint as well. the files are just normal pictures. I even tried sending myself one and received the same response.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yeah... If the Sprint people go "I dunno..." ask about a reprovision. You may have to get a tech escalation to get that done. Provisioning is when the authorizations are set up for your account access on the network.

Something got corrupted somewhere...

You could also try a web search for "Sprint hash codes" which might get you into some menus to see if anything looks wrong and also search "Sprint MMS APN" to see what the settings should be.

Jennifer Sweeney

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

I tried the search for Sprint MMS APN and the instructions it gives I don't have on my phone. It says to go to cellular>data connection>add apn - well I have nowhere on that screen that says add apn. It says Cellular and Sim card. Turn data conection on and that's it. :*(

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The instructions are probably in 'droid...

Settings > cellular + SIM > SIM settings > set MMS APN

That's the Windows Phone menu tree... Use the values the other instruction set provided.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

This happened to me on the T-Mobile network.
After many retries I went a T-Mobile location and had them move my account to a new SIM.
Never a problem after this.

Try turning the phone off.
Remove the SIM-reinsert.
See if it works after restarting.

Jennifer Sweeney

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
it has Settings > Cellular + Sim > Sim settings > and then it says SIM name - SIM and Mode Selection > the options are LTE and CDMA or CDMA . that's the only thing it has on that screen

tried that. didn't work. I was on with sprint chat for 4 hours. didn't work reset the whole thing. lost all my pics etc. for nothing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I'm kind of thinking your received MMS isn't being moved to the phone's memory for some reason.
This is why I had to get a new SIM from my carrier.

Is there another phone handy that you could move your SIM to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon