Would WP8 internals on the same HD7 formfactor be upsetting?

Would you want the same formfactor, but with better, WP8, internals?

• No, I want a new phone and a new design!

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Yeah, this phone is great! I'd love a version of it w/ WP8

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Sure, but only if there isn't a Nokia 9xx on my carrier by then.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • As long as it has a 4.3" screen and 16GB memory

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
This is mostly for Tmo folks I'm not gonna lie, but feel free to chime in.

The HTC HD7 was a great 1st gen device. Some may argue it's better than the current device offering (on some carriers). It was so good AT&T got themselves it's better looking twin :dry (SLCD screen).

My question is, if the HD7 successor for Tmo was the same design (kickstand and all), but with all the bells and whistles of WP8, would that be something you want?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I have found that the HD7 is pretty good. I have had touchscreen issues with it since I bought it. It takes a longer tap to activate something, it's really annoying. A quick tap on the screen doesn't register, while that same quick tap registers with no issues on my wife's Lumia 710. If HTC fixes that, my signal reception problems, and the horrid speaker I'll be all over a WP8 HTC device. That is, unless the Nokia 9xx is on T-Mo by then.

schlubadub

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you guys got a bad batch or what... my Aussie HD7 (T9296) has been functioning perfectly since day 1.

The only thing they need to fix is the volume up/down buttons sometimes taking a firmer push to get going, as well as the actual coating on the buttons that has now worn off.

I recently had a look at the new Titan 4G (same as Titan II in the US) and the buttons are much better.

Overall it's a great phone... I love the kickstand! :p

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My only gripe is the audio quality in Music playback -- I can hear that damn GSM sound through ear buds that you usually hear in nearby electronics when a call comes through. The storage is OK given that I replaced the internal Micro SD with 32GB, but more would be appreciated since I filled it with music.

Overall I like the design and look of this phone.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking just the other day about what, once I've upgraded, I'll miss about the HD7 and the answer was the kickstand and stereo speakers.

Things I won't miss: The screen is unreadable in sunlight, the piddling little on button and the fact that it's a f*$k%^g brick. :p

Well done HTC. I will definitely consider one of your new WP8 devices come December, but you're going to have to match the allure of Nokia. :)

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I have found that the HD7 is pretty good. I have had touchscreen issues with it since I bought it. It takes a longer tap to activate something, it's really annoying. A quick tap on the screen doesn't register, while that same quick tap registers with no issues on my wife's Lumia 710. If HTC fixes that, my signal reception problems, and the horrid speaker I'll be all over a WP8 HTC device. That is, unless the Nokia 9xx is on T-Mo by then.

my hd7 had perfect touch response. Now my Nokia 900 was terrible. You had to about push your finger thru the phone on the bottom 3 icons. Yes the speaker is bad on the hd7 but it's just as bad on the 900. Even worse on the 900 the speaker is on the bottom and it's so easy to cover up and get a muffled sound while holding it. Also stupid power button layout on the 900. Right beside the camera button ehhhhh.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I voted no. Mine has way to many issues and it soared me on purchasing anything made by them again.

mine has earned the nick name old faithful. Really rock solid.
I have a Dell Venu Pro
Radar
Titan 2 unlocked no mms / 4G
Nokia Lumia 900 WiFi
I always come back to HD7.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I voted no. Mine has way to many issues and it soared me on purchasing anything made by them again.

mine has earned the nick name old faithful. Really rock solid.
I have a Dell Venu Pro
Radar
Titan 2 unlocked no mms / 4G
Nokia Lumia 900 WiFi
I always come back to HD7.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I like my HD7, but something like a Lumia 900 or iPhone is soo much better looking. I want a phone that looks as good as it works.

That and the fact the dust in the front speakers annoys the %^&* out of me.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I like my HD7, but something like a Lumia 900 or iPhone is soo much better looking. I want a phone that looks as good as it works.

That and the fact the dust in the front speakers annoys the %^&* out of me.

if the speaker location bothers you don't touch the 900 with a 10 ft. pole. The speaker is on the bottom. If you ever hold your phone while playing music / games or speaker phone it gets muffled out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes