Global Availability Update Thread

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, as I'm sure I'm not the only one outside the US hoping to get my hands on a One (M8) for Windows (really a mouthful), I thought it'd be helpful for anyone with any information or heads up about its availability in your locale (UK for me) to sound off here. Right now HTC is keeping mum on the subject, so they're obviously no help at all.

But so far, we at least know that a Dutch telco accidentally let it slip a few weeks ago:
gsmarena_002.jpg
However, that image was rather dubious since it turned out to be a photoshopped M8 and not an official HTC render.

We also know that it was recently spotted at the GSM Global Certification Forum with European LTE Bands 7 and 13.

Softpedia article

Hopefully more information comes to light soon.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It better have more bands than 7 & 13 :grin:

I have some people lined up for the One M8 for Windows, I was hoping to push them into the bandwagon today... but I guess i will have to wait awhile before doing so.. I just hope my plan doesn't back fire and they end up getting the Android version :grincry: lol.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Count me in (UK also). I had the 930 but sent it back so I'm hoping there's not a long wait before international availability. I've a few friends with the Android version and aside from the camera debate, I love the premium look and feel of the M8.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So disappointed it's a one country one carrier release. Another huge mistake from MS. Eagerly awaiting some hope and must say it's disappointing that no one seems to have asked the question at the release?

If I don't hear anything by the end of the week I'll just get an android. I've been waiting three months now, wanted the 930 but it never came and when it finally did Three in the UK didn't stock it because it took so long to come out. Now this appears on the horizon and again it's unavailable.

Alteam

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes this is so bad but i guess it will release it globally pretty soon! Windows phone is pretty big in Europe so it's plain stupid to limit it to US..

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes this is so bad but i guess it will release it globally pretty soon! Windows phone is pretty big in Europe so it's plain stupid to limit it to US..
That's what I was thinking. Europe is WP's biggest developed market while US sales have been consistently abysmal with no signs of any real growth. It makes no sense for HTC to prioritise their WP efforts there.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
AT&T availability suggests Verizon's grip on the M8 isn't as strong as we were initially led to believe, which bodes well for an international release.

To be honest I was also looking forward to seeing the Ativ SE in Europe, but it's been so long that I don't think it will happen (at least not the phone as we know it). This made me worried about the M8, but seeing it go to AT&T as well is reassuring that it's a different story.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes