02-03-2017 04:02 AM
81 1234
tools
    Nope, I switched to this from an iPhone nearly three weeks ago. It did it in the first few days after purchase, so I guess it could be from an app or the switch process. I really don't know, at the time I didn't think it'd be an on-going problem, but it seems it is. Thank you for your help.
    10-08-2014 06:07 PM
    In reply to cbreze above: It happened to me me once - I've only had it for about two weeks. I noticed it while using the podcast app and then saw that one speaker was off for any audio application. I restarted the phone and it worked fine.
    Next time try this, pause your music or pod cast , then pull up Cortana and ask her to tell you a joke, this works perfectly and restarts the speaker. Works everytime and quicker than.a.reboot, also a free laugh from Cortana while ya wait. It's a win/win:-)
    Amy Ginther likes this.
    10-08-2014 06:22 PM
    Attachment 83987
    Attachment 83988
    My phone does this thing where the screen blows up and I dont know why. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?
    Thats the Ease of access setting for screen magnifier. For some reason its set to on so when you tap the screen with 2 fingers (or your face) it magnifies.

Go to settings -> Ease of Access and scroll down to Screen magnifier and slide off.
    waazzupppp likes this.
    10-10-2014 11:01 AM
    @microhaxo#WP has it nailed... This is the ease of access setting. Turning it off will get rid of the issue. It's really easy to get it turned on with the M8 because the glass is a touch higher than the bezel. If you hold the phone 'normally' your palm might be touching the glass at one point and your finger at another - triggering the mode. Turning it off should do the trick.
    10-13-2014 10:29 AM
    I've been having an annoying issue with the camera on the m8. If I take a photo (with the htc camera) it looks fine in the camera app and the Photos app but if I go to share the picture with another application (instagram, whatsapp, etc.) the photo shows up rotated to the right. Anyone else seeing this?
    coffeemike likes this.
    10-26-2014 07:37 AM
    I've been having an annoying issue with the camera on the m8. If I take a photo (with the htc camera) it looks fine in the camera app and the Photos app but if I go to share the picture with another application (instagram, whatsapp, etc.) the photo shows up rotated to the right. Anyone else seeing this?
    No, but that is caused by corrupted or missing exif data, most likely. Have you tried using the Windows Phone camera app and do you see the same results?
    10-26-2014 10:22 AM
    i'm using the developer preview and i'm not getting any location based reminders. I've reset the phone a few times, reset Cortana with no luck.
    i'm not sure, but I don't think they've ever worked with this phone. worked fine on the 8x.

anyone else experience this?
    11-05-2014 08:55 AM
    I dont know if anyone else has had this (minor) issue, but a couple particular lockscreen wallpapers that I've used on all my windows phones don't work. What I mean is that when I set them as the lockscreen, the lockscreen changes to the default lockscreen that came with the phone. It's only two of these pictures but they're, ironically, my favorites. Anyone have a potential workaround? Resynching them doesnt work.
    11-09-2014 02:34 PM
    any other issues being on the dev?
    11-14-2014 12:22 PM
    I recently purchased the HTC One for Windows Phone 8.1 and Verizon and have encountered a frustrating bug: phantom voicemails. The live tile will indicate a new vmail and when accessed, the feature indicates the presence of a single vmail. However when I attempt to retrieve, I'm told there are no messages. I call and leave myself a vmail and when I retrieve and delete that one, the mailbox appears empty. But within a few hours, the vmail notification returns. I've tried resetting the phone, but the problem persists.

I've searched to see if this problem has been encountered elsewhere and evidently, it's a common problem with Android devices, though their forums indicate the problem is fixed by leaving and then deleting a new vmail.

Thoughts?
    12-07-2014 02:06 PM
    BUG with Check deposit. Bank of America - Check deposit issue - When a photo of the check is to be taken, the camera zooms into the check and the image does not fit into the guidebox provided by the app. It is impossible to deposit a check. I have heard the same is the issue with Chase Mobile app
    01-20-2015 02:05 PM
    THIS. @eypon9283, I have the same problem. Screen rotation lock (mentioned somewhere above in the thread) doesn't affect this. Thank you. I was thinking I was going crazy.

@Adrynalyne, to your question, no - the Windows Phone camera app behaves normally.

One M8 (obv), AT&T, all updated, etc.
    01-28-2015 12:16 PM
    I'm actually impressed to read there are so little hardware issues. Reboots are usually suspect to bad SD cards, I face reboots with Kingston and Sandisk cards.

That being said, just ordered the M8.
    mark233 likes this.
    01-31-2015 05:35 AM
    I'm actually impressed to read there are so little hardware issues. Reboots are usually suspect to bad SD cards, I face reboots with Kingston and Sandisk cards.

That being said, just ordered the M8.
    Congrats! I think you'll enjoy your M8. It's been trouble-free for me since just before Christmas.
    mark233 and Narathan like this.
    01-31-2015 12:12 PM
    Make sure that in Settings -> Ease of Access ->Screen Magnifier is turned off.
    Narathan likes this.
    02-11-2015 11:24 AM
    Not sure if this was the M8 or Verizon tonight, but could not access anything on the web or Cortana in my car (connected to the Bluetooth). Acted like I didn't have a data connection (despite seeing LTE). My GFs Note was working fine. I shut the phone off and turned it back on and everything was fine.
    03-13-2015 10:44 PM
    One other one I am noticing today:

When listening to music with headphones, when I lock the phone sometimes the volume decreases (as if it is dimming for a notification) and stays low. If I press volume up it increases a little. Then randomly it will go back to full volume and blow out my ear drums haha.
    03-17-2015 11:41 AM
    Since I got this phone, I seem to have problems with games.. Mostly Gameloft games. Text appears garbled. Anyone else experience this issue and/or know a fix?
    03-17-2015 11:50 AM
    Sorry, gang, but I am in the minority. My M8 has frozen up, and the screen goes blank. I have sent it in twice for repair. Managed to get a new one in return, but I have had nothing but a miserable time with the customer service and their warranty system.

Hope this is an exception to the rule. LOVED my M8 while it was working, and was a huge fan. Was willing to let the past bad experiences with HTC go. But I feel this is it for me. Gonna cut my losses and just use my somewhat laggy and not nearly as much fun L920 until the W10 devices hit.

I am bitterly bummed. Already miss the audio performance and amazing screen of the lag-free M8. But just can't take the downside of the problems that follow me and HTC.

Won't be a HTC basher. Just not for me.
    Laura Knotek and mark233 like this.
    03-23-2015 10:22 PM
    My HTC is SLOW to download apps and app updates. I can download 5 apps on my Nokia 635 before the HTC downloads one. Also, during this download the phone freezes up and sometimes goes blank. Not sure what's up with it.
    04-07-2015 09:03 PM
    My HTC is SLOW to download apps and app updates. I can download 5 apps on my Nokia 635 before the HTC downloads one. Also, during this download the phone freezes up and sometimes goes blank. Not sure what's up with it.

Not noticing that on my M8. Perhaps a soft reset might resolve the issue.
    04-08-2015 06:46 PM
    Yes that issue was very frustrating.. . I found that out a while ago.. I was restarting my phone until I reset the screen magnifier...LOL...
    04-19-2015 01:46 PM
    Anyone else have the bug that locks in my media volume to where I try to adjust it and it stays at one volume. (loud) I usually end up hard resetting and it fixes the problem, only to come back again. Also my ringers don't seem to want to ring no matter how loud I set them. Same with notifications. Any thoughts?
    05-02-2015 07:45 PM
    Anyone else have the bug that locks in my media volume to where I try to adjust it and it stays at one volume. (loud) I usually end up hard resetting and it fixes the problem, only to come back again. Also my ringers don't seem to want to ring no matter how loud I set them. Same with notifications. Any thoughts?
    Yes! This happened to me. I assumed it was the headphones I was using - maybe the in-line controls were shorting out? I switched to my bluetooth headphones for a few months with no problems, but a few days ago a button broke on them and I switched to a new set of wired headphones. On the brand new wired headphones, just once so far, the opposite has happened - the volume went to zero and I couldn't turn it up by pushing the volume-up button. For the record, these last headphones were the stock HTC ones, which also have in-line controls.
    06-30-2015 02:06 PM
    So I switched to the HTC One M8 back in April. It is my 5th Windows Phone and it has been hands-down my best Windows Phone experience so far. However, two persistent bugs are just killing me:

1. Cortana is selectively deaf: When I press and hold the search key to talk to Cortana, she won't hear me the first time around. EVER. It's like the mic never even turns on. She listens for the full length of time and then dumps me back to wherever I was without a peep. I can then press and hold the search key a second time, and she works flawlessly. She'll continue to work flawlessly for a few minutes. If I wait another half hour or longer, she's deaf the first time I try again. This is so maddening that I rarely use her anymore, which is sad.
    2. Search button doesn't work in some apps: Usually while in games, if I pull up the keys and tap the search key, nothing happens. Can developers disable the search key, or did Windows Phone 8.1 disable it when in games or something? I have to hit start, then search, which is more than a little annoying.

​Thanks!
    06-30-2015 02:21 PM
81 1234