What OS compliments HTC One M8 More?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It would be a much fairer comparison if you had the same background on the Windows phone version along with the HTC Clock at the top. Me personally (Looking past how the tiles are arrange :p) I'm leaning on the Windows Phone version as I feel the UI does compliment the minimalistic and simple design of the HTC.

Before anyone say's I'm being biased, I have used the android version of the M8 before and always thought it would look pretty decent running WP. However it does depend on how they are customised (the customisation on Android can be endless if you are into flashing roms etc), in the case of WP what tiles are used, arranged and the background used.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Could you provide a link? How was this tested?

I think he's referring to an article from WMPU. All the author did was look at the "usage time" for each phone. The Windows version was rated for 1,260 minutes while the Android version was rated for 720 minutes. 1,260/720 = 1.75 or a 75% increase.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
What do you expect people to say? You post this in a WP forum, you could have a block of cheese with WP written on it and ppl would say it looks better. Same as if you posted this in the Android forum. Hardware is irrelevant as both are pretty much identical so it depends on which OS you prefer.

comparison.jpg

What say you now!

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
OUTSTANDING, maybe the best reply to a comment I have seen in years. If they gave an award for replys you would get it hands down. Really made my day. Went out and got some cheese and crackers and the guy at the convience store asked me why I was laughing in the checkout line. I showed him your post on my 820 and he was still laughing when I left the store. Also said he was impressed with the picture and the beautiful colors of the screen of the 820. Going to look into a windows phone first chance he gets. Great post.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 77293

Now that HTC One M8 has been released what OS do you think looks better on it? I don't intend to start a war but which looks aesthetically more pleasing?

Android with HTC Sense or Windows Phone 8.1?
You're really asking this question on a Windows Phone forum? :wink:

And the stock, hands-on picture that you have (I believe from Engadget) paints WP poorly. Just plain blue tiles, nothing setup or configured. WP looks bad here. The stock Verizon/HTC pic looks much better.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So I'd say this Apple seems to ruin better with Pear on it rather than Blocked Wood. Blink Feed and the number of Splinter apps just make it shine, even if I leave my Apple in a pot of Dirt! Yay Macrohard for giving us choices!

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I really think they should use a home screen background pic when advertising windows phone. Accent color look is beginning to look old.

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
It depends on how you customize both Android and Windows Phone. Both phones in the picture are not that tastefully customized so if I had to judge by those pictures, I'd say none with a slight edge to Android =P
I really think they should use a home screen background pic when displaying / advertising windows phone. Accent color looking old now. What do you think

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon